Dumaguete Info Search

Multicabs

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by SteveB, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonard

leonard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought a WAGON-R model. It has a 4cyl. turbo-charged engine, with plenty of room for a guy my size. (6;6 230 lbs). I looked at the 3cyl, multicab but i could not fit in front seat, it would have to be relocated rearward. The wagon-r gets superior fuel mileage over the multicab and has far more power

2. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    GTM mechanic shop

i found the GJM shop. as your going uphill from duma to valencia, the GTM sign on the left and the ice plant on the right are quite obvious. it's a little above the duma city limit sign.
    N9 17.256 E123 15.494

thanks...
    norm : ))~

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Wow! Could you post pics of that model?

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
  5. leonard

leonard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I looked at them and bought the wagon-r model. it has a 4 cyl turbo charged engine , auto, ps, pb ,pw, and is very easy to use even in mountain driving. The multi cab version 3cyl model would have required relocating drivers seat rearward, but there would still be a problem with pedals (size 13 shoe). There is also enough power to use a/c. Try both before you buy. ROME MOTORS in Cebu. He will back up his warranty, no questions. Had good experience with him

6. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    I would like to hear from forum members who have 1st hand experience with multi-cabs, especially regarding their reliability and repair frequency. While there has been much information on the forum regarding configuration (12 valve vs 6valve & 2wd vs 4wd), there has been little about the actual serviceability of this type of vehicle. Could the forum members who have one please share their experiences. Thanks!

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Multicabs are shipped over in pieces and assembled here from used parts, they are only as good as the Filipino craftsman who puts them back together. Buy from a reputable person/dealer and you will likely have good results/experience. Buy from otherwise, and expect otherwise!

Larry

8. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i recently bought a 2nd hand multicab and it needed a tune-up so i took it to the Oilman, they changed plugs, set the valves and cleaned up the distributor cap and rotor cuz they couldn't find a replacement and they set the timing. it ran rougher than before the tune-up, so thinking the roughness was becuz of the cap and rotor, i went home and pulled the cap/rotor and returned to duma and tried the *big* parts stores and no one had a cap and rotor. frustrated, i rummaged thru the pile of work receipts the seller gave me til a found a shop (Autolink) that had tuned up the vehicle before.

so i took the vehicle to Autolink and they were very familiar with the vehicle (hummmm). they pulled the cap and went on a treasure hunt in duma and came back empty handed 2 hours later and said they'd order one. that was 3 weeks ago (silence).

so i went home and pulled the cap again and went on another tour of parts stores in duma til HVL said they could order one, that was 1 week ago (more silence).

i gave both Autolink and HVL a series of digital fotos with the cap and rotor dimensions shown with a caliper.

it's the 12 valve, 660ci, turbo engine, does anyone know of a online source of suzuki parts?

thinking i bought an ''otherwise''

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Some Suzukis, most notoriously turbo models, come with other than Suzuki components. Some come with Diahatsu engines, and as such use Diahatsu parts, which are MUCH more difficult to find. Also, some Suzuki engines used a Mitsubishi distributor, once again, MUCH more difficult to find. You first need to identify exactly who made the distributor, then then ask for a cap for that.
    The problem is you say Suzuki, and the parts guys are looking only in boxes for Suzuki. They need to broaden their horizons and think outside the box!

Larry

10. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    thanks larry, good input!
    actually, HVL pulled a Diahatsu cap off the shelf that had the correct footprint and plug configuration but it was about an inch too short. we also found what looks to be the right cap in a catalog HVL had but we couldn't find the rotor. i'm still hoping HVL will come thru

wondering how they do the dashboard when they switch the steering

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.