Dumaguete Info Search

Multicabs

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by SteveB, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

HVL and/or DAPCI are your best choices for anything unusual.

They cut the dashboard in pieces, switch everything around, then epoxy it back together. One thing that differentiates the good from the bad is in how they do the underdash wiring. Some are VERY shoddy, while some do a half assed job of it.

Several years ago a friend brought me his multicab complaining when he turned on the wipers, if the headlights were on they would flash on and off. My investigation showed that when they changed the wiring to left hand drive, they neatly snipped the wires to the fuse block, extended them by spicing (twisting) them together using a much smaller wire. They needed a way to hold the wires up, so they wrapped them around the wiper pivot! That vehicle was from AJL Surplus in Cebu, and I have seen others from AJL that had absolute ignorance displayed in their practices. They must employ 7 year olds to put their units together.

Larry

2. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    DAPCI??? is that duma auto parts by citi hardware?

underdash wiring and air-con ducts and switches

we calls ém ''blow and go'' jobs... build it as fast as you can, give it a nice paint job, shine it up and sell it before it falls apart

norm : ))~
    looking for an air-con shop that can pull the dash and put humpty dumpty back together again

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Yes, yes, yes. (Message had to be 10 characters long)

4. kapitan tiyago

kapitan tiyago One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ignition cap of my multi cab is getting burned out every two months

Hi everyone gud day,
    Hoping someone could help me out with my multicab a puchased a year ago, the ignition cap always needs to be replaced every two months and it costs me 4500 pesos everytime? Please help.

Thanks and best regards,
    kapitan tiyago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.