Dumaguete Info Search

Need contact info for Yayoy scuba refilling station in banilad...

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by culumbinus, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    Can anyone please provide contact numbers for yayoy's scuba refilling shop down in banilad south of dumaguete? thanks much

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yayoy's cell: 0917 6185919

3. OP
    OP
    culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    Thanks sir...

First time contacting him though. He sounds wary and hesitant. I have been in the "service" long enough to sense that. Is that how dive shop refilling stations operate here? I am new to the industry but I am a returning native.

Any other friendlier dive shop around the area? Thanks again.

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Most dive shops do not like to fill tanks for divers for obvious reasons. I'm sure he gets a lot of calls from people who need said services who do not show up as we also run into that problem here.

5. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I only have very positive experiences with Yayoy since I let my tank filled there (since 2 years now). Very helpfull staff and available at nearly any time for a very reasonable price. Try it first one time I should say.

6. OP
    OP
    culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    He runs a business..legally i hope. and i am a customer. i wonder what obvious reasons do you mean dave?

7. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Diving and diveshops are also a business.It is obvious that if we rent tanks to every Tom Dick and Harry around there will be a definate increased risk of diver safety on Negros. Im sure you have heard the tragic story of the 3 Dutchmen who hired a fisherman to take them from Siquijor to Apo. Unfortunately they never arrived so 5 people were lost.Most of the Diveshops,Guides and Shops have been doing this for years and are very experienced about local diving here.Not just tourists wanting to save a buck and jepordize their own safety and the safety of others..........Something to ponder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.