Dumaguete Info Search

Need Dermatologist

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by reedee, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Marie...my derma is Dr. Muñoz...her clinic is near tops and bottoms...before the establishment that sells gasul..

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Thank you, Dr. Munoz's gasul experience may be helpful, she may have to use that to cure my heat rash. I will try and see her Monday.

3. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dr. Munoz

Yes, we really like Dr. Munoz. Her office is pretty busy most of the times we have been in (with appt), sorry, I don't have her number for you to call....maybe someone else does!! You can try 422 7267...found that on the internet, not sure if it is a good number for her office or not.

4. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Dr. Munoz Dermatologist

Reedy, thank you for recommending Dr. Muzoz. I able to get in and see her and she identified I have been using a steriod-type prescription cream that was actually causing my problem to spread rather than going away, and gave me some other treatments. Very credible.

5. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Correction

Mispelled Dr. Munoz's name

6. dodong

dodong DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I had terrible eczema before. Dermatologists were able to provide temporary help, but it was finally cured by acupuncture. I'd researched acupuncture online and it didn't sound promising, but I was desperate enough to try anything.

7. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dr. Munoz

I'm glad you were able to get in and see her. I hope you get some relief for your condition very soon!! My daughter is still suffering with her eczema, but not as bad as before. I think if she would adhere to the diet Dr. Munoz recommended she would do better.

8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    What kind of diet? Is her problem allergy related?

9. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    diet?

To be honest, I don't think it is diet related, however, even in Manila they put her on an allergy diet (no chicken, fish, shellfish, eggs, chocolate, tomatoes, citrus fruits, fruit juices, etc..I had to wonder just what she was supposed to eat??!!) in hopes of alleviating her symptoms. When we first came to the Philippines, she had no eczema, her skin was impeccable, but within three months the eczema became very bad. We saw 2 different doctors in Manila, both of them told her to avoid all these foods, even though I told them she ate these foods for years in the states with no problems. Her eczema never truly goes away here, I feel it is environmental. When we went back to Oklahoma a few months ago, it cleared up totally, only to resurface within a month after returning. There must be something to the diet thing if all the doctors she sees recommends it, though. Her condition may have gotten a little better when she was following it faithfully. Someone here suggested acupuncture...I would be willing to try that (doubt my 12 year old daughter would be so willing, LOL!!). I am a believer in acupuncture after seeing how much it helped my mother with her diabetic neuropathy (completely cured it).

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I see. I think you are right about it being "environmental". Another thing you might try is
    for her to bathe/wash in filtered (carbon and mechanically filtered) water also, as most city water and well water supplies here are questionable.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.