Dumaguete Info Search

Need help getting from Candoni to Siaton

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Blaze_Pontaine, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaze_Pontaine

Blaze_Pontaine DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I arrive early in the morning at the Dumaguete Airport and I have booked a week's stay at the Monarch Sands Resort in Siaton. What is the best way for me to get to Siaton? How much would it cost? My flight arrives at 630 am.
    Also, I have a chatmate coming from Candoni and she has no clue how to get to Siaton. I told her to take the shortcut road to Sipalay then catch a Ceres liner going south to Siaton. She says this isn't possible and she needs to first go to Kabankalan then to Dumaguete then to Siaton. That route is twice as long and seems counterintuitive to me. Does anybody know wehr I can see a Ceres bus liner schedule? What is the estimated cost for her to get from Candoni to Siaton? Thanks for the help.
    -Blaze

2. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    I assume your chatmate knows how to get from Candoni to Sipalay. From Sipalay she should get a bus to Hinoba-an, there transfer to a bus heading for Bayawan City. In Bayawan City leaves a bus to Dumaguete passing by Siaton. I don't think there's a direct bus connection between Sipalay and Dumaguete. Does the beach resort not operate a pick-up service from the airport? If not, getting from the airport to the Ceres bus terminal near Robinson Mall should cost you, when not sharing the tricycle, about 150 pesos. Also depending on your negotiating skills. Have no idea what Ceres will charge you, but my estimate somewhere between 50 - 100 pesos, price will vary if you ride an airco or economy (fan) bus.

3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    In my previous posting I gave you the estimated bus fare from Dumaguete to Siation where as you asked for the fare from Ciadon to Siaton. The first part from Ciadon to Sipaly I have really no idea, but when looking on the map definitely not more than 100 pesos. From Sipalay to Siation I guess it will be somewhere between 100 - 150 pesos. Anybody who knows the exact bus fares, please do correct me.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Welcome!

:confused: Well Blaze. Not sure How many Dumaguete Airports There are in PI :eek: I would check your timings, We Don't have a 6.30am arrival. more like 8.20 (At the earliest I reckon) Best Have a good Look at the Ticket to make sure you have all the times right. Would hate to hear she has had a long time to wait for you my friend.
    Welcome to DI hope your visit is good.

Jack P.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    6:30 am could be the departure time from Cebu arriving in Dumaguete 7:05 am

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Ah ok!

:wink: I Guess he will let us know in due Course, Happy New Year!

Jack P.:smile:

7. OP
    OP
    Blaze_Pontaine

Blaze_Pontaine DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're right, it is a 630 departure and a 7:05 arrival. The resort initially quoted me 250 pesos for a pickup at the airport and i'd like to take that, however, they are not replying to my emails anymore.

If I understand correctly, I must take a trike from the airport to the bus terminal (100 pesos) and then a bus to siaton (100 pesos) the probably a trike to the resort (50 pesos??). I'd much rather have the hotel van just pick me up for 250 pesos but my emails have been going unanswered.

My chatmate from Candoni is quoting me some wild prices to get to Siaton, like 1100 pesos!! She said to take the road from Candoni to Sipalay will cost 500 pesos and then from Sipalay to Siaton will be another 500 pesos, and a trike from Siaton to the resort will be 100 pesos. Seems odd to me, considering my roundtrip flight from cebu-dumuagete only cost 1100 pesos.

Does Ceres bus liner have a schedule? Do they have a bus running the south route from Sipalay to siaton to dumuagete? It should be simple but this is the philippines after all.

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Togetherness!

:D Happy New year Blaze, See how well we try and look after each other here, Some times we get it wrong but we always have a friend to correct and help us, I do hope your travel goes well and all your expectations are met.
    Enjoy! my Friend, Enjoy:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I dont know about your chat-mate, but if your resort give you 250 for that distance, nail them on the price. just Dauin is normally 500 - 800. Your resort is not exactly in Siaton, but tambobo bay, I could imagine a private transfer is more 2000. 250 sounds very unrealistic.

10. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Possibly you could rent a car with driver for the day, to pick you up at the airport and go pick her up ? It would get you out of the airport, end the silly discussion of what it costs for her to travel and you could sightsee and stop for meals on the way to your resort. I've never been to Dumaguete but I plan to visit it this year, and in your place this is what I would do. Car rentals on the Dumaguete City page look very reasonable to me. Good luck! Robert K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.