Dumaguete Info Search

Need help, need to find a great wedding reception site for my sister

Discussion in '☋ Where to Find ☋' started by truelab, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truelab

truelab One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread. I'm 28 F currently living abroad. My sister will be getting married end of January next year and is having a hard time trying to decide where to have the reception. Can you please suggest places and pics would be helpful as well.

Thanks a lot!

2. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Open Hall in St. Paul University Dumaguete. :smile:

3. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    have a garden wedding here in my bar, i got married here last year and it was lovely, i liked it so much i now have the bar, the surrounds are fab and large enough to hold a few hundred, if you want pictures just ask.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    both of the above are good locations.
    I was a couple of times invited at El Oriente for wedding and reunions, they also have some simple rooms for guests to stay over night...
    have a look here: El Oriente Beach Resort

5. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    if your after a venue with both area for reception and nice rooms, i'd recommend santa monica beach resort, i stayed there last year and it was very nice, sum1 correct the spelling if i spelt it wrong please.
    but my experience of dumaguete is very limited, i did look at el oriente at the same time, but chose santa monica.

6. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    sorry i didn't read your fist message in total first time, you say ur currently living abroad. are you a filipina? and you know about the seminars you need to attend to get married? i'm from uk and need to attend this "meeting" which was all in "non english" lol i sat there and listened, notice i don't say understood!!!

but it was a sort of nice day.
    plus you need licenses etc.

the only reason i tell u the above is cos it came as a shock to me, loads of brits go to bahamas etc to wed and don't have all these hoops to jump through, maybe cos we don't take marriage as serious as you do here.

7. 2townz

2townz DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hate the place. It's freakin' hot at noon :p
    But nonetheless the area is huuge!

8. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    oh.. thats nice jake.. reception at noon :p

9. j.adalia

j.adalia DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that I should ask how many guests you are planning to invite and if your budget is not limited :smile: plus what you are planning on (garden wedding, etc.) There are dozens of places you can try out.

During my wedding, we wanted an elegant but small function hall to accommodate around 200 guests. We had it at the PHCCI building over at San Jose extension. The complimentary rooms for the couple are nice and huge. :smile:

10. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    How bout that beautiful, serene place in Sibulan..(Mrs.J.Ngs Botanical garden) Echir??.. there are some pics in the forum .....but I don't know if they "do" weddings....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.