Dumaguete Info Search

need new focus

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by dobs, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balustre

balustre DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    The cave bats and the balinsasayaw as well as their predator (the python lurking nearby) are still around. The fruit bats with a wing span of a meter used to hang around the forest near the mouth of the caves in Mabinay but they're disappointingly history there now.

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I like your observation there Dobs, funny. but there are a more than a few good people here on the forum. I don't know if you are a tourist or new resident, but for me as a resident, I don't go to the Boulevard so much anymore. Others already posted some other things to do. If you look for a nice time with music, there are some places like Hayahay north on top end of Boulvd. past the dock. Explore some of the posts from before, there is a lot of info here.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Dobs,
    If you don't know what to do, buy a bass guitar and study some hours a day, after a few weeks you are more than welcome to play with RHB, Decon Phil and Jellyfish som Rock n" Roll

Rhoody

4. OP
    OP
    dobs

dobs DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, guys for some of your suggestions, if I could figure out how to quote so many and reply, but I can't.
    One thing about me, I tell it like I see it, and try to be a little funny. Some will no doubt disagree with the second one.

I signed up because it looked like a great place to get some infoabout the local scene. But apparently you also have your gremlins, nevermind those losers, time wounds all heels.

Funny I dind't ask what others did to waste their money here, just what places might be an alternative to the drunk Joe's down to the bolevard. They sit there, you know these guys 70 plus with girls they make dress up in heels and belly button shirts, buyin viagara, etc.
    This place is a paradise to me, I don't get the attitude of some people, but give me a few months.

On a positive note, did visit a tex mex place on the bolevard, nice mexican style chow, but they need to find some good corn tortillas, Mike the owneer a real nice guy, offered to take us on an intro diving lesson, very non pressure, and if it works out (long as I can wear my cowboy hat), we might like to try this scuba diving, seems there are good places here to do that. And it its doing something.
    Eveing time is what interests me in the city, just lookin to tip a few, talk and meet some folks. Ones not interested in killing each other that is.

Got to explore al litlle, have been to sea forrest, resorts aren't my cup o tea, makes me feel like a goldfish in a bowl if you get my drift. Also ate at Joe's chicken of the sea. very good chow.

Got to get to the twin lakes eventually, If the teeny weenie motor bike I have here is up to it, 100cc of brute power, (used to riing Harleys got to understand). Course I wouldn't take a hard tail up those roads either! Will be upgrading soon.

As far as playing in some guys band, you had better been desperate to ask me, got zero musical talent. Unless you count the jews harp. ha ha. and then you had better play Country or Elvis, non of that disco boy band stuff.

Well my two fingers are worn down, so thanks again for the welcome, hope to see you around.

5. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Welcome to the forum, Dobs. By the way, were you referring to Coco Amigo's? I agree, their corn tortilla is not impressive and so was their chips and salsa:smile: But the atmosphere is great so it somewhat makes up for it :wink:

6. OP
    OP
    dobs

dobs DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As a matter of fact no, Been to Coco Amigos, that's one place I won't be hangin out, first time there with my girl a drunk foreiner came and harrased me and my girl friend. She won't go back, and the food there in my opinion is flat out over priced and not up to the cost of it. I was in Mikes dive shop, no big menu but the service was good and burritos were also. The nachos are excellent, just have to realize the tortilla chips arnt the same here, but otherwise nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.