Dumaguete Info Search

need suggestions for room repaintings

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by archon_manofsteel, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Might be a good time Archon to let the members know the size and lot area as well (possible sale)...regards JB

2. KING COLE

KING COLE DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Decorating a house to sell

When decorating a house to sell, you must empasise size, space and light that's why you should decorate in a light colour - white or magnolia. In the UK these are usually the cheapest paints to buy. You must always remember that you are decorating only to sell and that the next occupant will most probably change everything you have done, and it's much easier to paint over a light colour than a darker shade. In the UK 90% of new homes are sold with white woodwork, ceilings and magnolia walls.
    Another point to remember is clear way all your clutter before people view and reduce the amount of furniture and ornaments. Most houses I've seen in the philippines are bursting at the seams with ornaments and furniture, which is not to everyones taste.

3. Eaglescout

Eaglescout DI Junior Member

Architect
    Ratings:
    +2 / 19
    Since you don't know predominantly the buyers' color preferences, i agree with the others for lighter or neutral color hues as your practical choice. These colors not only make small spaces look more spacious, they can also easily adapt to the new owner's unlimited range of color options should they need to repaint or to redecorate. However, warm color hues also tends a big room looks more cozier.

Of course another consideration is the cost value. But in as much as you will sell the unit, it is better to spend a little more from your budget by adding more features in your color combination rather than the usual white paint. This way you can attract more buyers. Warm colors for the common areas and cool colors for the private areas re; bedrooms, den or toilet.

You also asked in your thread that if i am the buyer what would be my color preferences; I'd rather see varied tints of beige, green and blue in the interior. After all, colors have psychological effects on us people. How pleasant we see colors, the more we like it feeling more cozy and relaxed.

Have some color swatches from hardwares selling paints. These are given free from paint manufacturers. This could also help you a lot in your choices.

4. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    When prepping a property for sale the recommendation from professionals is to "de-personalize" the property. Use neutral colors and remove clutter so the potential buyer may use their imagination to fill the space. In this way they "make it their own" rather than trying to imagine adapting your personal tastes to their own. Off-white or cream would be possible options to consider.
    With all respect to your architect friend, who may be a fine designer; asking an architect how to sell a house is like asking Picasso to design your investment portfolio.:D

5. OP
    OP
    archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Thanks to you all for the suggestions! really appreciate it.. Good day!:smile:

Sincerely,
    archon

6. OP
    OP
    archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    by the time the repaintings will be finished, I might send some details of the lot area; probably also the price and all. I'll post some pictures of our house too. Its a nice house and lot; its really hard for my family to let go of it...:( but we have to (financial reasons and stuff... there! i said it!hehe..:D) anyways, thanks again. It rily means a lot to us.. I think we might go with the white.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.