Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by newbie320, May 24, 2011.
Hi yes i'm here in Dumaguete, sorry late reply i have been busy!!.
i stayed in the nicanor last year, upon arrival, they changed my room accomodation and stuck me in essentially a closet. i prefer the BETHEL HOUSE JL
You must of been a bad boy ... they actually upgraded me! LOL
only good boys are allowed to stay in Bethel ... bad boys will have problems to accommodate the essential items for being bad...
Good boys stay at Bethel --- Bad boys party at Nicanor! I actually have new friends that work there now.
yeah, and sadly they are more on facebook than doing their actual work...
FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THIS... It seems to be an epidemic in the Philippines especially with girls in the working environment. I saw most working youth on Facebook at their jobs. Since the Philippines is not quite up to par on equipment and software --- they don't have (employers) the resources to block it yet.
hi everyone, i'm back from dumaguete! thanks to everyone who patiently answered my questions.
i've decided to try out C&L Bayview Inn since this was the newest in town. we're suppposed to transfer to nicanor the following day just to experience it as well and compare the two but nicanor was fully booked so we just extended our stay in C&L. here's my review of the place:
1. they offer free ROUNDTRIP airport/seaport transfers - not all accommodations there offer this. even Nicanor and Bethel only offer free pick up but for drop offs, you have to pay them Php300.
2. they offer free breakfast - not so good but at least it's free and you can request for a hard boiled egg. lol.
3. they have free wi-fi in every floor and the connection is fast!
4. the rooms are very colorful. each floor has a theme.
5. the facilities are new. even the switches still has their plastic covers on. sheets are clean and new and smells fresh.
6. rates are cheaper compared to others. Only Php1k for a twin room.
7. the restroom is very clean. they provide free toiletries. however, i find the towel rack and the toiletries rack in the shower were placed a little too high. this might be a problem for vertically challenged people. hehe =)
1. the inn is not yet fully completed. the basement is still under construction so you will see a lot of men roaming around.
2. the room is a bit small but i think it's typical so i won't complain on that.
3. it is at the far side of the baywalk. fronting the fire station so you will need to take a leisurely walk to get to sans rival. hehe
4. in the first room that we got (3rd floor - orange themed floor), the door of the restroom could not be slided properly and if you were successful on closing it, it will be very hard for you to slide it back open. we requested to be transferred to another room (4th floor - green themed floor).
5. there were ants. red ants! i bought a pack of Yakult, placed it on the dresser and the following morning i found ants. same with my opened pack of chips. there were ants all over! don't know where they came from but in both rooms we've tried, they both have ants. for a new inn like that, this is not acceptable for me. i hope they will do something about it.
6. no free late checkout requests. you need to pay Php75/hr if you wanted a late checkout.
overall, my stay at the bayview was still pleasant. i am willing to stay there again next time i visit dumaguete.
This thread seems like a disguised advert for C&L to me.