Dumaguete Info Search

New bar-disco

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by akis51, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akis51

akis51 DI Junior Member

Pensioner
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    A new bar - disco - resto opened to the side of Lee Mart. Dancing to the upper floor, dining in and out. Ample, guarded, parking of Lee. Beers 50p and 35p on weekdays. Interesting plates.

[​IMG]

2. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Did You mean to say, "on the side of Lee Plaza?" and if so, what side? or is it located behind Lee Plaza across from Barbero,Panni's and Metro Bank?

3. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Location is Hypermart Valencia Road..... Chairs and tables on the street.

4. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sounds like a good place for friends to hang out, but not ideal for families.

5. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Great, I'll be right along.:smile:

6. OP
    OP
    akis51

akis51 DI Junior Member

Pensioner
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Lee Mart or Hypermart is to Bagacay, on the road to Valencia. In the corner of the building is the Fu Resto and then just besides the Labeled. (Lee Plaza
    is the initial business downtown)

7. DivingDane

DivingDane DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Place looks very cool, nice clean decor and reasonable prices. Looks like a European café turned club. Good music as well, at least we liked it the night we went there.

But, but, but... (and here it comes)

The bar staff is clueless. They have no idea about mixing drinks, and I'm not whinging about a wee bit of an exotic ingredient that was shaken, when it only meant to be stirrrrred or some such bull stool.

We were a bunch of us, and had quite a few bungled orders. Personally I ordered a Gin and Tonic, but was told they didn't have it. Then I asked if I could then have a tonic and a shot of gin, as both things were on the menu. I reckoned I could do my own mixing, no worries. The gin was promptly delivered, but then they started rummaging around, until finally someone sheepishly told me they didn't actually know what a tonic was, and didn't know how to mix it.

I tried to tell them that tonic wasn't something you mixed - but rather an ingredient, "it comes in cans like ... coke? you know? .. and obviously you have it, because you serve Vodka and Tonic. Now, can I please have such a vodka and tonic, only with no vodka in, please?"

After repeating this a few times in different ways, realization apparently dawned on the guy - he smiled as he delivered a glass of a sparkling transparent liquid. Eureka! I thought - I threw in my shot of gin, took a sip only to find out he gave me sprite. Yeech!:eek:

I'm sure we'll come back, but I do hope they learn quickly behind the bar. Otherwise it'll be a beer-only place for us. :wink:

DD

8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Awaiting report!

:eek: OK Rhoody,We await your report on this, only You, can give it as it is!:wink:

Jack P. :D

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I think he is waiting for them to stock up on an adequate supply of beer. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.