Dumaguete Info Search

New Flights to Dumaguete from Cebu

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Flights timetable

That's all very well, but what if your plan is for a day round trip and wish to return to Dumaguete the same day? :rolleyes:

2. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    That is not strictly true about the lack of traffic base. They (Aboitz) closed down most of their routes in Visayas, because they couldn't afford the spare parts bills and maintenance costs. I used to know the Australians in Cebu that were in charge of maintenance and they said that the waterjet propulsion systems that were used on the Supercats were obscenely expensive to keep up.
    Furthermore, for those that have been here a reasonably long time, the original fastcraft actually put the PAL 'Sunriser' (Shorts twin prop jobbies) CEB-DGT flights out of business in the first place by undercutting their prices! So I guess we are now reaching the 'full circle of transportation life', on this route.
    Even if the current fast craft do go out of business from this new development, (which I welcome, the more choices the better, more competition will benefit customers etc etc), there's always the bus!
    (Which has been going for a lot longer than any of the other forms of transport)!:D

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    thats a easy one, ... you fly to Cebu go shopping and take the bus back, as you would be most likely overloaded for the flight anyway...

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Best to take the flight and evening ferry back at cokaliong at 8pm or g&p at 10 pm. Then you dont have to stay overnight and get a real full day of shopping

5. MrShim

MrShim DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I took the Ocean Jet ferry from Duma - Tagbilaran - Cebu about a week ago (unfortunately flights weren't available yet). It was 900P, or 1200P for business class... which is kind of like flying because you sit in the freezing air conditioned room where they've installed huge first class airline seats from the 1970's!

6. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    i got cebu-dgte on a promo rate 1080p try their website

7. MrShim

MrShim DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yah, its fine now. 2 weeks ago, it wasn't an option... so had to take the ferry for 1200. When the new route first came out it was zero peso. Just pay the taxes!

8. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yeah i can understand the perspective but ferry's got to improve their quality to compete, personally I avoid boats as the pest in Phi.

Cebu has international connections and it is a more consumer friendly gate to the country, with improved connections to Duma that might lead to more traffic (although some might not be too happy about that).

9. spook12

spook12 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    does anybody know the rates from Manila to Dumguente or can you fly from out of the country to Dum as well. Tnx the Spook

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Dumaguete is only Domestic (unless you are very rich and famous). Roundtrip MNL Duma starts around 3k and can be booked online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.