Dumaguete Info Search

New Flights to Dumaguete from Cebu

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spook12

spook12 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tnx looks like I may fly from Japan to Manila to Duma. What a disatance to be in a ownderful city and experience what it has to offer. So do you think Dumaguente is better then Cebu? What I am looking for are great beaches and good hotels at great prices.

2. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi spook

If you are looking for great beaches, you will be disappointed with Dumaguete and Cebu City.

3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Just take a look at the Photo board section.It will show some great quiet beaches like Sipalay etc, although I never got to see them last trip.
    regards .....JB

4. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Hi as well, Spook. If you are travelling internationally to any point in the Visayas, consider Cebu instead of Manila as your point of entry. Many international carriers serve Cebu either directly or through convenient gateways such as Hong Kong or Inchon. I would not count on the MWF CEB-DGT link to satisfy your domestic requirement but it might work.

5. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    or Singapore. Cebu Pacific and Silk Air fly Singapore-Cebu at very reasonable prices.

6. spook12

spook12 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok but I am really looking for flights from Chicago

Actaully I was looking for rates from Chicago to either Manila and/or Dumaguete. Looks like I either have to fly via La or HK or Vegas to get there fast. Tnx urs Jim

7. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    I did Chicago-Manila several weeks ago. American Airlines. Changed to a JAL flight at Narita (Tokyo). No dramas - bags were checked all the way to Manila. Reasonably quick flight - only 2-3 hours at Narita. I can pull the details up on the AAadvantage account if you need them. Price was great at the time - but you never know with the airlines. Try:

Airline Tickets and Airline Reservations from American Airlines | AA.com

Oddly enough on that site - you can tell it to look by price or schedule...and sometimes 'schedule' is cheaper - so try both...LOL....I'm sure it's a programming glitch - they wouldn't do it on purpose would they....

8. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    FYI, Sipalay is in Occidental not Oriental and it is quicker going via Bacalod, not Dumaguete.

9. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Not quicker lately. We did Bacolod-Sipalay-Dumaguete late November. The Bacolod-Sipalay stretch is terrible. The road is torn up in a dozen spots, under construction someday, and traffic slows to a crawl. What isn't torn up - should be - it's a shocker. The Sipalay - Dumaguete portion is much better. Even though it's a bit further and some rough spots towards the Sipalay end - about 30 - 40k's out of Sipalay the road gets very good and you can pretty much fly as fast as you like all the way to Dumaguete. At present it's quicker and more pleasant from Dumaguete. Scenery is better too...

10. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Yes, hopefully Provincial border to Hinobaan section will be completed in the next couple of years. Great for trailbikes at the moment though.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.