Dumaguete Info Search

New in Dumaguete and needs a job...any employer suggestions?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Tweeter1061, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghel

Ghel One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone. I have one point to add: Qualfon does not pay employees during training. You will only receive your pay once you pass and start receiving calls already. BUGGER! :(

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Just for my personal interest, what is the income of a call-center agent in Dumaguete and what are the requirements to become one ?

No, I don't look for a new job... just wanna know what people get paid listening to my insults when I call Globe or Cebu Pathetic... hehe.

3. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Lol! I don't think any Dumaguete based contact center handles the Globe or Cebu Pac account heheh!

However... For Smart Prepaid agents get abasic at around 6.5k to 7k .. SmartBro agents get a basic of 12k. I think the international prepaid account handled by Qualfon pays a basic of around 8k-9k.

So basically Globe and Cebu Pac would be paying their agents at around those rates... Might even be higher if their centers are in Cebu or Manila.

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Wants employee based info not customer

But Maryfee the question was asked about how would an employee rate the company and not from the clients point of view. These are two very different perspectives. Just because the client is happy does not mean it is a good place to work.

If a company wants to have good employees they must make a good work environment for them and as an employee that is very important. As a cutomer, for all you know the employees are slaves or people promised many things but usually not delivered to them. I think the posters insights are invaluable to someone trying to determine who to do business with since I include not only customer satisfaction but also employee satisfaction and respect for the company.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Pedro, for my understanding the question was which company can give a good future.

In my point of view (and experience from several field-trips to several call centers) that has nothing to do if the employees are over-happy.

Knowing from 9 years working with and managing locals, they are happy employees if the boss let them basically do what they want as long the job is done somehow.

As soon the boss/manager starts to be demanding to a certain level, they become unhappy and it is of course the Employers fault and the company is bad.

I was for sure a badass and demanding boss in the companies I was managing (at least in Pinoy eyes) Well in the last position we employed 3 guys on the same day. 5000 PHP. Now, 5 years later 1 just didn't meet the expectations, the other is doing the same, gets now 6000 PHP and looks jealous at the third one, who actually used the chances all 3 guys had, and goes home since 2 years with over 1000 US$ a month. Of course 60% of this little example would say that Rhoody and the company are bad ....

From TT I know, that they have big-time problems to find employees with the necessary English skills in Dumaguete. (what is a super-shame for a University-town).
    But they need a certain amount of people there, so they need to employ people who barely meet the requirements, just to change them after the contract as most of them are also not interested in any improvement of the personal skills. Of course those wouldn't say a good word about TT ...

The general attitude here in the Philippines is (and that is very sad) "having a job" and not "doing a job".

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    anyway, thanks clear copy for the numbers, gives me an idea if I ever jump over my shadow and employ a local instead of outsourcing my stuff ...

7. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Ut-oh! Looks like we've got another Texan in d' house.

Howdy Pawdner! :cool:

8. richard08

richard08 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @rhoody

Dumaguete universities has many graduates with Good English skills, but if we are talking about american accent that's a different story. American accent doesn't require Good English skills, I think they should probably look for jejemons and train them, :D as in american accent "water" now becomes "wather".

Now a question is where are the graduates with Good English skills. They are probably working as teachers, with normal day time working hours, 12k and up salary a month, far better than the 24/7 3 shifting shed, below 10K salary in call centers.

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    whoever brought you on that trip, but that is another "wild fantasy" argument without any basement finished with an ridiculous conclusion.

Take a calculator and do the math out how many new teachers might be needed each year, that is a tiny fraction of the number of graduates.

But you cover another ridiculous point... most of this "teacher" on all this private schools and universities are not even teacher.

So where do they learn how to teach students in an appropriate way.

10. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

Dumaguete universities has many graduates with Good English skills
    False

American accent doesn't require Good English skills
    False

12k and up salary a month, far better than the 24/7 3 shifting shed, below 10K salary in call centers

I left Convergys Cebu just recently. I was getting 24 thou a month as an agent. I don't think any teacher or principal is getting that amount here in Dumaguete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.