Dumaguete Info Search

New in Dumaguete and needs a job...any employer suggestions?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Tweeter1061, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Lol! all these for a call center question.. hahaha! anyway just to add... at an average of 10 people who apply as a call center agent, only 1 passes. This is for an international account here in duma and only for initial interviews which I conduct These applicants by the way come from the top universities here. Tsk tsk, I do agree with Rhoody that something is definitely wrong with the system. Most of the graduates now speak poor English. And by the way, Sykes already has an area here in duma. They are going to build the tallest building in Negros ( so they claim). They are coming since labor here is dirt cheap and the island has a fiber optic backbone. Never mind if the English skills of the applicants are not perfect, agents would still have to immerse in a 1 month English training program.

2. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Working with what you have.

And this is exactly why many of us here open such a can of worms. It is much better to get a discussion started and find out that you are not the only one to see something is not right and to just plant a seed in someone that maybe there is a better way.

3. OP
    OP
    Tweeter1061

Tweeter1061 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all your inputs guys! I really appreciate it. Now I pretty much have an idea about Dumaguete :smile:

I would like to specifically make a shout out to clear copy :smile: You sound like your are somebody who hires people, does interviews and stuff...can i apply??? where??

Also, I heard Qualfon is not paying their employees on time. Is this true? I also asked around and looks like TeleTech is still what most people recommends. I actually now have a pending application for both companies and in fairness to TeleTech, I had a great experience. Their tools are superb! Qualfon's assessment is not as challenging as TT's and honestly speaking, it would give me more pride to be accepted in TT. Passing their assessments alone is already a great achievement for me.

4. OP
    OP
    Tweeter1061

Tweeter1061 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has this been confirmed? I'd love to re-apply with them if this is the case. I am already familiar with their system and wouldn't mind working with them again...

5. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Y'all

Or could be another Okie....!!
    :D

6. jAyMoEn

jAyMoEn DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why not try SOPHIE and Studentuniverse? These are the two close to a call center office companies that pays high....and very employee friendly

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    What BS are you stating? Qualfon is No. 1 Worldwide? In what? Check the stats of IBM, Accenture, and the India companies before posting a your comments. Are you a recruiter for Qualfon or the CEO? This is not a recruiting forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.