Dumaguete Info Search

New Italian Restaurant In Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by connoisseur, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippinediver

Philippinediver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    New Italian restaurant is called Carmines

I have eaten there on a number of ocassions. All pasta dishes have the highest quality ingredients and certainly a huge step above anything else around. The thin crust pizza I also enjoyed. I agree that they need to iron out some issues mostly in respect to the kitchen relative to timing. However, when you get make sure you talk to Carmine and tell him you would like your main dished served at the same time and chances are pretty good they will be. Another issue is there is a lack of training for the servers. Nevertheless these are easy to deal with. Nice courtyard in the back

2. Columbo

Columbo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    better than Pizza Hut?

Can the pizza's beat the Pizza Hut?
    Anyway, I am sure in price.

3. just teriffic

just teriffic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Carmine Restorante

Carmine Restorante

That's the name of the new Italian Restaurant.
    We ate there last week and the food was good!
    The interiors of the restaurant just doesn't do justice to the food served and needs to be updated. It was a little pricey too...for a group of 8 we paid around p5700, which i think was quite expensive for Dumaguete.

We tried the Pasta Vongele, the rolled up beef stuffed with ham, pizza, seafood pasta, salad and risoto.. everything was delicious except the risoto, i didnt like it that much.

Hope this helps when you try it out.:smile:

4. Philippinediver

Philippinediver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Carmines

Interesting about what you mentioned about the food prices. I mean you are talking about 700 peso per person and you are right that is high in relationship to what most people spend on a meal at the usuual establishments like Why Not, Coco's, etc.... I assume if you had a salad and followed that with a main course, dessert and a drink or two you can get to that much. I seem to remember a family size Really Gourmet pizza was 280 which is much less than the Shakeys equivilent size at around 450. The pasta's were all abut 150 and main courses 300 to 400. Seemed to be in line with any good quality restaurant. When I go to Cebu I eat at the Gustavian and Giuseppes and a couple of other restaurants on the same street. They are all foreign owned and prepare gourmet style food and frankly I consider if you come out of there at 700 per person you are getting a bargain for what you get. Back home in the states even at a cheesecake factory it would be twice as much money for the same thing. In defense of place like carmines Keep in mind, many of the ingredients/products are imported here.

5. just teriffic

just teriffic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You're right. On second thought it is priced reasonably, considering that the food was really good, servings were big and ingredients were as the chef said "authentic".. I don't mind paying as long as the food is good! And in this case it is! Bon Appetit! :smile:

6. daphmont

daphmont DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    new italian resto

hello... the italian guy is Carmine, he used to have an italian resto here in Bacolod. He was a good Chef and had a lot of good food always for us...
    Try his food its yummy... He is a very nice fellow.

:smile:

7. chef carmine pece

chef carmine pece DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi all of you!! am carmine !well am glad to all the people eat in my restaurant in bacolod ,and now here in dumaguete.our food its healty food!!!!hi quality,and if you compare the quantity and price.... well we are the only place to eat nice food like you feel in itall!!!!!!!!!!!!! come and try it!!!!!!

8. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I agree. Spaghetti sauce is excellent.Yummy.

9. chef carmine pece

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If some one like to give a look our menu !! this is our website!!! thank you.then you can give your comments to us!!

10. chef carmine pece

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If some one like to give a look our menu !! this is our website!!! thank you.then you can give your comments to us!!
    Carmine Ristorante Italiano

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.