Dumaguete Info Search

New lto testing

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by DavyL200, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Funny thread, a little information from the late Sen Miriam Santiago, she was wonderful to listen to. Since the inception of the smog test in the Philippines, there has never been one, not one I say, failed test.

Does that defy the odds or what? One year I passed without ever turning on the engine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I don't want to throw this thread off topic, but were they top loaders? A front loader usually has them to stop the drum rocking during transit.

Every front loader I purchased in the UK, plus the one purchased by my sis-in-law here, had transit bolts.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Every thread goes off topic now!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Yes , and then comes the smart Alec replies, the arguments and inevitably the insults lol.:stop:

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    DELETED

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Now that IS off-topic. :smile:

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Why would a failed test be sent to the LTO? Is it a requirement that they are? If not, how would the LTO ever know a test was failed? I doubt the validity/integrity of her statement.

8. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Who said anything about a failed test being sent to the LTO?
    I think that there would be some that have failed only to be told fix it and bring it back or that will cost you 500 and it passed the test. But from my own experience I have never seen a failed test at all the times I have been there to have my vehicle tested ever since testing was introduced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Not sure how this ended up in the comedy section as I thought there was a separate thread for emission testing....but seeing as we are here anyway - went to do the test on our acquired used bike yesterday at JVP on the By-Pass Road. I've read comments about going at 0700 and having to wait for hours with the overcrowding. We went at 1300, left the copy CR and were told to return in about 90 minutes. There were about a dozen or so waiting in front of us. We went for a leisurely coffee on the Boulevard, returned about an hour and 45 later and were attended to straight away. They even did three engine and chassis number stencils for use at the PNP/HPG for a few extra pesos. All quite relaxed.

Things for anyone going for the PNP/HPG check if acquiring a used vehicle to know - go there first (next to LTO) and ask them to run a quick database check. They will then provide a payment slip to take to Landbank (P300) and you return with receipt for the full check with the vehicle and engine and chassis number stencils. But bare in mind that Landbank are currently closing at 1230 daily 'due to Covid-19 sir'. Great idea - shorten the business hours so that everyone has to crowd into a shorter time period to do business. Wonder who thought that one up? Presumably someone fancying a half day's work each day.

One other thing (sorry Rye, you might want to move this). Someone posted a while ago that they bought their vehicle insurance from M Lhuiller. I tried, but was given every excuse under the sun as to why they could not do it (should have seen the panic on their faces when I said I would return the next day). In the event, I walked down the street and purchased from another broker for the same cost. After my Shopee return shipping experience at M Lhuiller, I won't be going there for anything else in a hurry.

Hope some of this helps those acquiring a used vehicle and not familiar with the process.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Apparently the late Senator Miriam Santiago did.
    The comment is completely meaningless unless failed tests are required to be turned in to the LTO. Just another politician saying completely pointless politician nonsense.