Dumaguete Info Search

"new Restaurants" ...I tried Guther !!!!!

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by sntmig, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    loccation ,loccation !!!!!!.. So its great that Casa Blanca moved to the blvd, great move ,best loccation,,,,......but, some of the things I go out for dinner for are...food !!,ambiance,and here , al fresco , view of the ocean if possible...I dunno who did the design/planning for you guys,but,I really like to eat out doors, with a nice view( and I do not mind paying for that ) Same food,same view of 3 walls as old restaurant. ... more windows?? Why did not you do a second level "balcony" for out door eating and why does the ground level feel like you are in a 'compound' ! wall ??? Umbrellas??..Miguel

2. OP
    OP
    sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Oppps sorry....GUNTHER,pronounced Goonter...Miguel

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    "new Restaurants" ...I tried Guther !!!!!

And Miguell .....................did Guenther taste well or was it the food from Guenther what you did like (or not) :smile:.
    I miss your validation of the food quality, but I am pretty sure it hasn't spoiled your nice view of the walls.
    As you said.... the location is great.
    I was sitting last weak inside (it was too windy outside) and had a marvolous view on the sea.
    But like you ....I prefer eating outside providing the weather is ok (not raining, not too windy, not freezing or snowing, not too hot, not ........:D)
    For me Casablanca is still very advisable.

4. OP
    OP
    sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    ya ya ,the food, as always, was good....Miguel

5. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm telling you all already, I am not visiting this restaurant when it is freezing or snowing. Only sitting inside lang.
    Hopefuly nxt december.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    picky little bast.... hehehe

I agreed w/ sntmig even before he posted here and went already during construction to "Big G"...

A big problem was of the City of Dumaguete and the permits for each and everything (incl. more windows for the dining room....) the solution was the "aquarium" at the corner, which i great for small groups.

[​IMG]

The outside area is IMHO by far the best at the boulevard. Elevated with the small wall, keeping the vendors mostly away and the view goes not onto the front-grill of a parked car like all other places where you can eat.

[​IMG]

The roof, well ask the city engineer why "Big G" is not allowed to cover the whole veranda, maybe some politicians w/ neighboring restaurants had some influence... (just wait a few month)

the whole first floor (second for americans) is a Culinary Arts School, just started the first Batch last monday.

[​IMG]

my complain is the high coke-light price and the bulbs on the veranda-wall are too bright when sitting direct next to them, but that's about it.

7. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How nice having culinary arts school in dumaguete. May i ask how the tuition is when enrolling to this school?

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I think 90k per semester, just look at their website and drop them a line.

the difference between the culinary courses of DACA and those offered in Silliman is that the DACA perpares the students to run a restaurant, while Siliman,St.Pauls or ACSAT prepares them to be a line-cook with 50 others, peeling potatoes ...

I just had a chat with a friend enrolled at ST. Pauls in a "culinary course" First day, the "teacher" gave them a recipe , sent them to the market to buy the ingredients from their own money an cook it. Well .... come to Dumaguete.

Here a quote from their website:
    DACA sounds expensive, but it is all inclusive, ingredients (and that for real cooking) cloths, books, and I believe Students even get their own set of imported knifes and can keep them.

9. KAYLEIGH

KAYLEIGH DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice to hear there is a new culinary school in dgte. Interesting. Maybe will inquire during my holiday...but it's quite expensive.

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I would rather pay for something "expensive" and get quality and my $'s worth than buy something cheap and get every pennies worth!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.