Dumaguete Info Search


Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

⌛ "new Restaurants" ...I tried Guther !!!!!

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by sntmig, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAYLEIGH

    KAYLEIGH DI Member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2007
    Messages:
    102
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well, I agree with you Knowdafish. It's like better to buy a sonywa instead of sonashiwi :wink:
     
  2. Kenny

    Kenny DI Forum Adept

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2007
    Messages:
    446
    Likes Received:
    8
    90K is really inexpensive. 15 years ago I visited the French Culinary Institute in NY and they wanted $14,000 back then for a 3 month course. A problem with these courses is that without good connections or your own restaurant you will still wind up as a line cook. An investigation in the States found that students went into debt with student loans to finance there training and graduated to be $10 per hour line chefs. Further they found that many restaurants were as likely to fill these positions with walk ins as graduates, choosing to train there own. I love to cook but it didn't seem like a good deal to me.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.