Dumaguete Info Search

New satellite imagery on google earth/maps

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by AndyG, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    go to the following: Bacong [9°14'45"N 123°17'41"E] Map | Philippines Google Satellite Maps then zoom to the road shown south of Bacong Valencia rd, the one where it goes west then bends a little south and ends. You will see an open space on the south side of the road, zoom you can see two lots, mine is the one on the east side and there is a double lot on the other side.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    the Dauin pictures are from the same time between 2004 and 2007 (Pura Vida already there but neighbors missing (Mikes construction started late 2007). Closer to Bacong, Only the mainhouse of "dumaguete springs" and the pool there. The Bungalows are there since 2006 but not on the pictures.

The huge Accacia(?) tree next to the market-buildings in Bacong is on the picture, that specific one was cut down 2009 after there were 2 accidents in Dumaguete w/ "falling trees"

Maybe there was something going on 5 years back, but the G-Earth pictures are older than a few month.

3. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    In May, the two cleared lots were filled with mango, coconut and avocado trees, now you can see the house constructions. Not a figment of my imagination.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    that is interesting... those pictures are newer than the ones of the link of the OP

I just made some screenshots...

so we are all somehow right and wrong... who pays the beer ?

here the screenshots:

let's agree, PatO and I drink on JP's bill. We send him a PM where he has to pay it :D

Attached Files:

5. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    Rhoody, I am going out there tomorrow and will take some pictures to prove my point. Did you zoom in to see the construction on the two lots and the walls that are constructed? The lots were cleared in May and the walls were constructed in June-July timeframe. So the snapshop was probably around the first of July. I am willing to bet a case of SMB on that.

6. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    You guys are welcome to visit the site tomorrow, I will go around 11am, if you want. I wonder if it is because I specifically requested Google Earth maps bacong Philippines and received an updated version?

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Ha! Ha! Ha! Best yet Rhoody!

:wink: My Pleasure Boys!

Enjoy the SMBs if you do meet up Tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.