Dumaguete Info Search

New Schedule Ceres Bus liner from Dumaguete to Cebu

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by mydestinyz23, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mydestinyz23

mydestinyz23 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do anyone have information about the schedule of Ceres Bus liner from Dumaguete to Cebu and Vice Versa?
    Aside from Ceres Liner, do we have any options?

Thanks.

2. JWL

JWL DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Up to date Ceres Liner timetable:
    Dumaguete - Cebu
    04:15 )
    05:15 ) Air con
    08:45 )
    10:15 Non-aircon
    11:45 Non-Aircon
    12:50 ) Air con
    14:15 )

Cebu - Dgte
    06:00 )
    07:10 ) Non Aircon
    07:30 ) Air con
    10:00 ) Air con
    13:00 ) air con
    15:00 ) Air con
    18:45 ) Air con

Hope this Helps My Destinyz23

3. OP
    OP
    mydestinyz23

mydestinyz23 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you JWL....This forum is amazing!!!

4. tommytnf

tommytnf DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the valuable info. if landing in cebu airport at 1.30pm, what is the best connection to reach Dumaguete the same pm? where to go from cebu airport?

5. JWL

JWL DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cebu - Dumaguete

Tommytnf, Arriving at Cebu Airport at 1:30pm it is going to be a bit tight to catch the bus at 3:00pm as it takes approx. 40 minutes from the Airport to the South Terminal which only leaves you 50 minutes to get out of the Airport. My Son is arriving at the same time on the 23rd January from the UK and as the 6:45pm bus is the only other one getting to Dgte towards midnight he has decided to stay in a hotel overnight & catch the 10:00am the next morning. Sorry I can't be of anymore help. Good Luck. JAMES.

6. tommytnf

tommytnf DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    JWL thanks for the info, I think I will have to look for alternative ways to get there, as I don't like the 6am ferries either

7. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Connection Cebu-Dmgt.

If you want a direct bus Cebu-Dmgt. there is only the Ceres Liner, travelling via Mayo Shipping Lines Bato-Tampi. A faster, more comfortable and more expensive solution is to take the OceanJet fastferry. However, this only has one daily departure, and its early in the morning, so will always require an overnight stay in Cebu.

If arriving a bit late for the last Ceres Liner it is also possible to take a bus or V-hire (van) to Lilo-An, outrigger boat to Sibulan, and then another bus or jeepney the last 10 km to Dmgt. This is the route that many locals prefer, but it might not be to comfortable, if you have a lot of luggage.

If arriving from abroard I recommend flying to Manila then on to Dumaguete with domestic flight. There are two daily departures with Cebu Pacific and Air Philippines each, and prices start around 1650 peso one way. This is for sure a much more comfortable way, and international flights to Manila are generally much more plentiful and often cheaper than similar flights to Cebu.

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    good post, 2 things to add, Ocean Jet is not faster than Ceres (4 - 5 hours door to door), but for sure more comfortable,
    If you fly MNL-Duma, book really in way in advanced, they raised the prices quite a bit , not the flight it self but the "taxes" and other hidden costs and less of the cheap seats are avaible. Best days to fly are Tuesday to Friday

cheers

Rhoody

9. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Domestic flights

Personally I always fly Cebu Pacific, because it is so easy to purchase tickets online with a visa card at their homepage:

Cebu Pacific Air - It's time everyone flies

Their standard one-way fare Manila-Dmgt. is currently 288 peso + "taxes" 1418 = 1705. I put taxes in " " because these are not really taxes, but mostly a way to make the tickets look cheaper, than they really are.

Anyway, the important is the total price you pay, and that is still very fair IMO. Back in 2004 a one-way standard fare was almost 5.000 peso.

The system is, that a limited number of seats on each flight are sold at this fare, and when these are sold out, fare goes to the next higher level etc. So to be sure to get the lowest fare, it is recommended to book well in advance.

Currently the first flight, where the low fare is available, is friday 31/1, and then only in the afternoon. All morning flights next week seems to be completely sold out already. This just to give people an idea of, how far in advance they need to book.

Needless to say, if you are planning to travel in peak season around Christmas or Easter, it is advisable to book and pay very well in advance.

Please remember, that there is also a terminal departure fee in all filipino airports, and this need to be paid separately and in cash before departuring. It is not included in the ticket price. Terminal fee is currently 750 peso for international flights, 200 peso for domestic flights leaving Manila and around 40 peso for flights leaving Dmgt. I can not remember the exact figure for the latter, but who cares anyway, when it is this small..... :-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.