Dumaguete Info Search

New SM mall info from those who know

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by SurfinUSA, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I'm sitting on the blvd with two electricians on break from their work at the new Central Bank bldg under construction in Daro...

They say when this job is done, the go to Robinsons to work on the remodeling of Robinsons Dept store, changing it over to a Save Mor drug store (!)

After that they are going to join in on the construction of SM by Gimmick in October or November.

:D

2. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    WOW! Cant wait to open it soon....

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Time will tell

4. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I must admit this is the first I've heard of SM going in by Gimmick -- and I live across the street!!! I will have to do some "local investigation work," LOL.

They are changing over the entire Department store at Robinsons???

5. Masculado

Masculado DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    still remains to bee seen

6. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They say SM is going to be built near here Pulantubig !!, there is a large plot of land and we have been told that's what's planed, but we will see ......so many rumours flying about regarding the construction of an SM Mall !!

7. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hoping it will be a SM large size mall not the small size like the one in Bacolod. Maybe also Robinsons is changing their mall from small size to medium size... I guess they profit enough here...but I wonder if they really did...lots of people at Robinsons just do window shopping, very different situation from other places where you will really see people bought or shop around.

8. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just text a friend in the Mayors office area to see if he has any news to add to the rummor of a SM mall coming to the Dumaguete. As they often say Rummor has it ......

9. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    big or small it does not matter what the size of SM in Dumaguete.. i am sure they made a study of it and it is just appropriate for the size of the community.. normally business dont open without a feasibility study. but i am sure that they will make a profit out of it...

i dont mind those people just doing nothing in the mall.. that is how mall was made to. it is not only for buying things but to enjoy also inside whether just reading a book or sitting or eating.. thats it.. its the way people enjoy and that is theirs also to cherish.....inside the mall. who knows someone would put a roller coaster inside that mall. its much better and family oriented.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    As far as I know that has been the proposed site for it all along.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.