Dumaguete Info Search

New to Site..Hope to travel to Dumaguete..

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Marion, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I agree with Rudy, the Bethel is way behind in terms of value with the addition of 5-10 new hotels in town, all starting under P1000.

Larry

2. lou

lou DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    with all due respect.........location, location, location.......

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    correct, it is the closest Hotel to a "high criminal" area. :wink:

In terms of shopping, restaurants, banks, jeepney-terminals or just everything to do basically others have a better location.

well ok, you need 2 minutes less to why not than from Nicanor.

4. OP
    OP
    Marion

Marion DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

Love the info you are providing!! Thanks so much. I lived in a tourist town for over 20 years and the hotels there were scarey to say the least with maybe two I would have reccomened and donot want to have a hotel stay ruin my visit! Is there 2 everyone would say are good and in a decent location to get around from? The Nicanor look good from photos but anything can look good in photos.

5. lou

lou DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Marion. I have stayed at the Nicanor.It is dark and gloomy. I would recommend a matrimonial room at the Bethel,I think 1200 peso per night.Stay there a couple of nights and check out the rest of the hotels and see if you want to make a switch. A pedicab will cost you 8 pesos to anywhere in town,, only 5 cents per person, and you can see all the hotels in town that way.........I know where you come from and I know where you are going, trust me on this one. A fellow Canuck.........
    ps. 200 pesos is less than 5 bucks.

6. OP
    OP
    Marion

Marion DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow intereting how the Bethal House keeps coming up!!!
    What about beach resorts in the area that are decent.
    As mentioned the daughter in law is in Tanjay so we could stay anywhere as long as we can get there as well..
    Clean with a toilet and shower..maybe free cofee and breakfast..and a mini fridge..

I heard food is not that great there..That people expect there to be a lot of wonderful seafood but there really isn't much??
    On the food note where is Biker Dave's rest as I heard on here He has awesome burgers..

How about day tours or places to go?

Dave wants to dive..I don't but would be willing to try snokeling..and whale watching, a jungle tour..Please advise on best things and places to go that we won't want to miss..

Thanks
    Marion

7. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Mate, whatever your connection to Bethel is, it is a absolute shame how you try to give misinformation to Marion !!!

8. OP
    OP
    Marion

Marion DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Gass..I was kinda thinking there was a connection *laugh*...
    That is why I like everyones opinion and will be watching and reading the next week as we do have to book something for sure!! Even if it's just for a start and we get something else later..So I do appreciate info from people who actually know things there..

9. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Use the search-function and take the advices of the older and trusted members in your judgement. You will get a good overview.

There is a map in the burger thread, where to find Private Garden and Biker Dave

10. lou

lou DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have absolutely no connection to the Bethel. I preferred it to the Palwa and the Nicanor. It seems no good deed or intention goes unpunished......... Marion, I hope you have a great time wherever you stay. Don't forget your sunblock:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.