Dumaguete Info Search

Newbie .. need help and advice...

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by ecelle, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Not able to pass the USMLE is not the driving force for doctors becoming nurses. It's just an easier pathway to get to the US with an immigrant visa and therefore easier for nurse/doctors to be closer to the training programs they want to go to. Having an immigrant Visa is more attractive to prospective training hospitals because they do not have to deal with the immigration hassle. What good will it be to any doctor to go to the US as a nurse if they cannot pass the USMLE anyway, unless of course they just want to go to the US to live there and work as a nurse.

Most training hospitals in the US have doctors in training that are graduates of those hospitals I mentioned earlier. Once in a while you hear of a graduate from an unheard of Medical school in the Philippines getting in, but very seldom. There are quite a few graduates of Southwestern University and Cebu Institute of Medicine, both in Cebu, that I've met so that is a good option for you. Lately I've seen graduates from Western Visaya Medical Center in Iloilo, so again that may be an option. Have not met anybody from Siliman University, as of yet. Does not mean they do not exist, just have not met any and I've seen many doctors that join our missions, majority from UST, UP, FEU, CIM, SWU, MCU, etc. None from Siliman.

2. OP
    OP
    ecelle

ecelle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    Thanks a lot for the info. I am still on my pre-med classes, so i have a long long way to go. However, i wanted to finish in a credited institution just in case i decided to come back in the US to finish up med school. I love the university that i am in right now because they especialized in D.C " Doctor of Chiropractic" which you cannot find in the philippines. Although they have pre medicine classes or courses, i still believe that i can finish quick with my pre med if i will go back to philippines and come back for med school. However, there is going to be a lot of conflict because i realized that i end up having interest in studying human bones structure and brain. I guess being in a DC university can change your interests. But, i have atleast a yr to think what path i am going to take when time comes, D.C or M.D, doesn't matter as long as i will be able to help and feed my interest. If siliman isn't that great, then i have no choice but to come back here to finish up:-)

My cousin graduated in UP med school and she end up pretty well in New York doing her practice with other doctors..

3. weena

weena DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

HI.. I'm Weena.. I have been in Cagayan De Oro City once.. it was nice and kinda small... Well that was like a few years back then.. Anyway I had fun being there with some college friends who were from Mindanao..I'm not saying Dumaguete is bigger.. or smaller though..He he.. I'm very poor in calculating how big or small and how wide things are..What matters to me is that wherever i am .. I am always having fun!!!!!

You were talking about what school to go to to finish your Pre-Med..and with that I highly recommend Silliman University for that..If and ever if you're gonna live in Dumaguete City.I'm not saying i'm perfect but i graduated High School and an undergrad in college in the same university..It is a very good School..:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.