Dumaguete Info Search

Noreco

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by NeddySterling, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeddySterling

NeddySterling DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well it’s been 8 months - we paid electricians to wire the shop. Submitted the forms to Norenco - Checking 4 months later they had lost the forms - so we resupplied. Eight months later well they changed Mayors so a letter from the old mayor is no longer acceptable - so now we’ve got a letter from the new mayor.
    We are still waiting on Norenco to install their meter and turn the power on.

You cannot expect business to set up in Dumaguete under these conditions. - Who can we pay? What can we do?

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    The best way besides submitting forms, and paying is to check with whatever office often! Yes, they dropped the ball, but why wait 4 months to check up on it, and 8 months again?? I would be checking weekly or at least bi-weekly! The squeeky wheel gets the grease! Snacks delivered with a smile go a long way here too!

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Engr. Ephraim T Taclob.!

:smile: Neddy! Try Writing or even calling on Engr. Ephraim T Taclob, he is the General Manager. Your letter of concern I think may be better addressed to him rather than one from the Mayor. These people do not like interference. GOOD LUCK!:wink:

Jack P. :smile:

4. OP
    OP
    NeddySterling

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Clarification

The letter from the mayor is a proforma document required by Noreco (Temporary structure please connect) -amusing that the letter from previous mayor is no longer acceptable but then he is now the State governor I believe so I've got no comment on that.

It's my wifes business and so I let her run with it - I just tend to watch with amused bewilderment. I see it as a confidence building exercise for her. (also keeps her off the streets.)
    I think filipinas don't like to cause trouble (unless a foreigners involved) and after 500 years of Spanish and Catholic rule I guess that's understandable. The trouble-making gene has been effectively bred out. :wink:

On the other hand Americans and Australians LOVE to cause trouble - I would have had the lawyer onto it seeing as he probably taught most of the Noreco Legal department. Thats how I got the electricity onto the house. Wife sat here for two months without power - on my return within 24 hours they had done a "jump" from a neighbors property.

There are three very useful tips in your responses - follow up at least fortnightly, leave a block of chocolate on the desk (could be counter-productive) and letter to the GM. So I thank you and the wife is working on all three.

5. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Hahaha ........maybe you will have more luck than me.
    Several years ago I wrote a letter to this GM (on advice of his 2nd man).
    After 2 months, while I did not hear anything, I went to his office.
    He did never receive my letter, he said.
    His secretary told him however that she had seen my letter.
    They found my letter in the IN-BOX on his desk. :mad::mad::mad:
    Good luck !

6. OP
    OP
    NeddySterling

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I guess he was busy - or maybe no light to read it :D

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Noreco!

:confused: Neddy! Just wondered how you were getting on with the elecric issue? If you have had no luck, PM me the Details, I have a contact there that may be able to chase it up for you.

Jack P.:smile:

8. evrrrdy1

evrrrdy1 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    dragging feet to increased greased palm is common hear. An apartment complex being built on North Rd. by St. Paul is having trouble getting city water from the main. Cable TV wanted P100,000 distribution amp payed for by owner until residence bought into satellite dish systems. Now they have one...haha

9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    mmmm Dick Head alert! EV1!

:eek: neddy! as I said PM me on the issue and lets see what we can do for you.:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

10. OP
    OP
    NeddySterling

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Update

Thanks for that Jack and I'll probably take you up on it.

Norenco have now lost the original wiring plan - My wife and I went to Polaris late Friday where the original paperwork was last seen. - I have no idea about the relationship between Polaris and Norenco.

We were shuffled into one of the bosses offices and the matter was discussed (in Visayan) - They became a little distressed and a chap was sent out to do another wiring plan, by candlelight, at a cost to the wife of 450 pesos.

They are assuring us connection sometime this week - I remain cynical but we'll wait and see.

Must say it was a relief to see the concern from Polaris.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.