Dumaguete Info Search

Nosie Pollution a Problem?

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by Floyd, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I am not that old... but if I want nightlife I take a quick flight to MNL or AC in combination with Subic or Puerto Galera and some diving... Cebu is ok, but the nightlife not really that exiting...

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I don't know, the big 40 is looming Rhoody...:eek:

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hehe ... still over a third younger than some famous posters... and plenty of dives, insaults, SMB and AC flights before I reach that Metusalem-like age.

4. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Funny story. We have a small place that has a home theater type Karaoke system, in other words not the big stand alone monsters you typically see and hear for kilometers away.

We have been here over two years and never had a noise complaint from our neigbors. Most nights we stop the karaoke by 10-11. About a month or two ago our closest neighbors moved from their rental house and a new family moved in. Within one week they complained to the police about the noise from our Karaoke. The police actually responded, but when they arrived, the singing customers all happened to be police dept. employees :D . They smiled and drove off.

now the neighbors serpticiously throw stones on our roof on occasion. A local judge is also one of our good customers, he told us to forget about it we were here first. If we have a future problem let him know.

Moral of the story, before you rent, sleep one night in the neighborhood, or look around, realize you will be the new comers to the block.

5. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Hope your not refering to yours truly, that would make me 120. more like 2/3 my age and gaining... see, your powers of reasoning are even slipping.:wink:

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hmmm gotta train my math skills.... or another of my famous language problems... so lets make an example...

Lets say Jelly is 60 years.... 1/3 would be 20 years... I am 1/3 younger, so 60 - 20 = 40... I am younger than that... still allowed to fly short distance flights to AC... hehe...

But back to the topic:
    Rock 'n Roll ain't noise pollution (AC/DC-song) ----> Karaoke is !!!!!

7. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    bad math... bad english... :eek: backwards but typically German syntax.
    and Karaoke is not the problem, it is the singers.:D

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    naaa... Hotel California, My way and even Bon Jovi and Metallica-songs played with the sound of a kiddy-casio-25$-organ is noise pollution ... if somebody is yelling (can't consider that singing in 99.9%) to that noise or not... it can't make it worse...

9. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    now that's funny, comming from a guy who thinks ACDC, Black Sabbath, Metallica are music:p each culture has its drawbacks I guess.

you haven't lived until youv'e heard Perry como sung in Tagalog...

10. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    When I was staying in Bacong, one of the neighbors was Tom Jones, really that
    was his nick name, Green Green grass of home. That's what I named him
    any way, thought that was Rhoodies favorite singer.:D

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.