Dumaguete Info Search

Not a happy visitor to Duma.

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Oz-Roger, Dec 13, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    I really miss Alf Garnett, in "Til Death Do Us Part", I used to watch that show without fail, that guy was a laugh a minute. It was also a good tool in showing people how stupid bigotry in any shape or form is. :smile: RIP, my good mate Alf.:cool:
    NOTE- Alf is gone, but Warren Mitchell still lives.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Certainly Do Roger, must admit I had Forgotten that one when I was recalling things, thank's for that

JP

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    Because all the Americans here would not know what I am talking about, the Sister show, created by the same writer in the USA was- "All in the Family" :cool:

4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Jack, I grew up in those same times in the US. There was a restaurant chain named "Black Sambo's" that was created long before all the racial sensitivity issues came about that specialize in pancakes that has been in business for many years. It had some difficulties with it's name.
    Interestingly today in the US "black" seems to be the preferred word for those "of color". I know in my life time there has been many names (which I will not list here) for "people of color" none of which I thought were offensive particularly offensive, but you know my mind is weird, as I am the guy who says kill the terrorists and let him hang from a flag pole, even if I have to die. Without negative connotations I find few words offensive.

I do think that any grouping of people into one race, or nationalistic group as a group can be offensive to individuals depending on the attitude of the "grouper". (not to be confused with member named Grouper)

The recent "IS terrorist" in Australia had reportedly been charged with committing an estimated 40 sexual assaults while being a so-called “spiritual healer.” Monis was also on bail and facing charges of being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife. He was almost immediately identified a member of as IS Group.... but in relativity he was just a really BAD INDIVIDUAL man committing sexual crimes that had nothing to do with racism or nationalism., who got enough political sensitivity 'gold coins" in his pockets by identifying with a minority to be able to walk around until he did more noticeable damage to society because he attached himself to a race and national group that claimed discrimination and politicians were so hungry for votes they gave him a "key out of jail free card".
    That is discrimination and racism and nationalism and stupidity all wrapped into one event.
    (Please note I am not defending IS, I just noting that the political systems always seems to give groups like IS that can claim to have discrimination against them much more power than they deserve, most likely for the benefit of a few politicians. Sooner or later those groups bite the hand that empowered them.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
  7. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Sorry for late reply
    The answer is work !......It's only when they come to live here in UK, that they realise how hard you have to work to earn a living and having to pay taxes too!
    Most Filipinos here work for the National health service (which pays quite good money for skilled nurses or Doctors).but complain about the workload.
    But if they work in the United Arab states they earn more and I think I'm right to say they dont pay taxes like UK or USA.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    It is probably much too cold there for them also, and they have to work harder and FASTER to keep warm ?:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  9. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Roger shhhhhhhhhush,
    Dont tell David Cameron that or he will suggest installing cooler systems in factory's etc; :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    o_O:eek: What!They still got factories in the UK ? I thought they went defunct With the crash of the Car Manufacturing and the Closure of the pits? :wink: Hmmm when was that in the 80's?

• Funny Funny x 2