Dumaguete Info Search

Not a happy visitor to Duma.

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Oz-Roger, Dec 13, 2014.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Say what you will but I still believe the Rolls Royce is the best car in the World....(even if it's parts are now made in Germany!) :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    RR, Landrover, MG, Triumph, Jaguar, TVR, Mini just to name a few that are all great Auto names from Britain.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    So right Roger alas only TVR, Rover badge Left,:( all the others are now foreign owned. crazy world we live in. :eek:

So not to go off topic here, I will start a new thread on the top 10 Brit cars later

• Like Like x 1
  4. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    This story was originally posted in the forum below. I have two comments about it:

1) I frankly dont really care, what a sex turist thinks about Dumaguete. It is totally fine with me, if they go somewhere else. We dont need Dumaguete to become the next Angeles City og Patong.

2) As is often the case with these type of people, it seems like he just like to tell a good story. So probably it should be taken with a grain of salt. Part of it might be true, but there are probably also twists and exaggerations added in just to make his story more interesting to make people listen to him. Like the story about the waiting time at the taxi stand in NAIA terminal 3. I have been their numerous times and have never waited more than 10-15 minutes at most.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1876-Dumaguete/page2#post_1648047

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. gord

gord DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor

businessman
    Ratings:
    +155 / 13

I was a little confused at first, but I think I get it now. When looking at the post on this link I immediately noticed that parts of it were the same as an article I posted on my site yourlifeinthephilippines.com . I had met this guy when he was here and asked him to write me something about his trip here. When I got the article, I was really a little shocked at how he saw Dumaguete, but decided to post it anyway with some of my own comments. My opinion was basically that there is good and bad here, just like any place on earth. It is up to each of us whether to focus on the good or focus on the bad. He obviously is the type of person who chooses the latter and in the end he is the one who will die a grumpy old man. His loss.
    What I do find interesting though is that in what he sent to me he made no mention of the sex angle and I assume it is because he is not man enough to show his true self to some one who actually knows him. No qualms obviously to expose his real self anonymously as he did on the Sex site. Guys like that do tend to hide in the shadows.

I have no use for guys like this and hopefully such an unflattering report on this city that I am happy to call home will convince other similar type guys to bypass us and head straight for Angeles.

• Like Like x 4
  6. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I've used the free transfer bus from T3 to T1 many times - follow the 'Transfer' signs from the arrivals hall. It takes about 20mins + some waiting time for the bus (not more than 15mins in my experience).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086

In the main hawk I would agree with you, However, it depends on your Flight Arrival time and the amount of incoming Flights. After 10.pm I have always Found that only 2/3 Shuttles are working and the wait can be rather a long time. Talking to a driver Once he told me they like to travel in two's for security reasons. A bit like the London bus syndrome, you don't see one for an hour then get 2 together and one is almost Empty. I can Understand the Drivers concerns, but one has to wonder if each Shuttle should have a "Shotgun" between 10.pm and say 5 am when the Airport really kicks back into gear. JMHO but..........................:oops:

JP:wink:

8. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    OK thanks - I generally use the shuttle around 7pm, so if I change my flight times I'll keep that in mind.

• Like Like x 1