Dumaguete Info Search

not long left for Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by yabs, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I don;t like what america has done to a lot of the world
    and its culture or alcxk of it but how does that make me racist

2. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Or you could think of it as the end of the beginning.

3. foxylady313

foxylady313 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    This is not a healthy discussion!

4. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    The wheel was the beginning to the end!!!!

5. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Yabs,

You Yank-bashing again? Crikey, give it a rest...especially coming from a land where so many people live like rats in hovels and need a 2nd mortgage to afford a decent steak. Been to the UK a zillion times....and never looking forward to it...honestly, I can think of a hundred places I'd rather travel to...I can see why so many run off to Spain, Canary Islands, Florida, and for the smart ones - the Philippines of course.

Been to the US many times though, worked there in the 70's, have a son who went there years ago and is doing extremely well, and a daughter thinking about heading that way too...it is miles better than the UK sorry to say...people are far friendlier, very helpful, and the whole atmosphere is heaps warmer...fantastic place...can't wait to go there again...

Sorry mate, I've done the rounds and seen many a unhappy broken down Britisher doing contracts in the armpits of the planet...Middle East, PNG, whatever...pissing and moaning about the world, living alone, or with a cat, or with a young Asian wife counting the nanoseconds....

6. OP
    OP
    yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    you'll get no argumanet from me
    i'm not afraid to be negative eevn about my home place
    england is a sh*thole
    thats why i live in the phils
    however i don't want to see everythinbg that mnakes the uk and us shite follow me
    don't get me wrong the us is physically very beautiful
    shmae its been ruined by commercilaisation, ugly architecture and urban sprawl gone mad

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    what's a nanosecond?

8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thats right millions from Britain invaded ozz, "convicts" der yer wont som mor:D

9. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Thanks mate but got enough now...but if you need some politicians or lawyers maybe we could do a trade...

10. connoisseur

connoisseur DI Member

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I'm from Dumaguete (born and still residing in). My opinion is that Dgte. City has lots of room for economic progression so as anyone might guess, I'm all for infrastractures, modern developments, (Robinson's Mall, Mcdonalds, Hey, yellowcab, round table, Burger King or Sbarro perhaps?), etc.. I don't see why Dgte. can't be sort of laid back and progressing at the same time. Lot's of people who've been living here for a long time also want progress. It's not that easy for locals here to just move or get a job in bigger cities like Cebu or Manila after college. I've known lots of people who were jobless before but aren't now and are making an honest living thanks to companies like Teletech, SPI, or any other new companies (if any). I can see how it's probably easy for people who are new here or those who are coming just for vacations to say that the current developments are a nuisance or destroying the beauty of Dumaguete, but for people who have lived most if not all of their lives here, I bet the majority would vote for Dumaguete moving forward. Besides, if anyone wants to observe nature or hang out at beaches and such, there's always Bacong, Dauin, Zamboangita, Sibulan, Siaton, Apo, Sumilon, etc.. Lot's of space there (and they're all only minutes away).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.