Dumaguete Info Search

Ok, ok, I'll post something!

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Lukester, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukester

Lukester DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've been here for a year and still have a year to go. I'm on a self-imposed sabbatical from my teacher career. No I'm not an English teacher!!! :confused: Most people often assume that when they hear I'm a teacher, but rather I am an elementary teacher who teaches at international schools in various countries! So, I am a contracted freelance teacher!

You'll see me around town driving like a Filipino :eek: with an ice blue multi-cab van.

Cheers everyone!

Lukester :smile:

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hi Lukester,

welcome to DI, great to have you here. Looking forward to your input about driving from a Filipino-driving point of view...

cheers

Rhoody

3. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I don't see whats so bad about being an English teacher.

But welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy yourself. Teaching with licence or without one, it is still teaching the job doesn't really change. It isn't a job just anyone can do. I hope you are enjoying your sabbatical wish I had time for one.:cool:

4. OP
    OP
    Lukester

Lukester DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    There is nothing bad about being exclusively an English teacher. In fact, I've done a bit of that myself. It is just that people make that common uninformed deduction that a teacher overseas must be teaching English.

I still maintain my license. It is necessary for teaching at international schools.

Taking time to have a year or two off (temporary retirement) while still healthy and young enough to enjoy the time was one of my better decisions. I had saved up a bit from teaching in recent years to be able to afford the time off. Yes I'll be in the classroom or doing something with education again sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.