Dumaguete Info Search

Older dads try parenting the second time around

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Jun 16, 2011.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
  2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Hmmmmmmmmm.........

3. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ?

To many holes in that article in general about Western Men and Women, but relating it to the Philippines..... ill copy a quote hmmmmmmmmm :smile:

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    If it is their second (even third for some) time around you would hope they will be better at it.

5. E-man

E-man DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For some guys life is a spinning wheel......#1...#2...#3.....and in most cases it all ends the same..... sooner or later. The USA Today article....Hmmmmmm.

6. boricua

boricua DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read through a good part of the aritcle. I am 64 and my g/f is, lets just say a lot younger. She wants children but I am not so sure. It's probably irrelevent because I've had a vasectomy. I have researded and I know that there are some limited options but I really have no desire to have children. Things may change but I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

7. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Parenting issue

Hi everybody...

i like when some people here in DI make an interested treads as same as like this.. as a silent reader from this forum I saw a lot of questions and answers most of the time I agree to some of those comments and answers I read here...:smile:

My reasons?... Hmmmmmmm its hard for me to explain ...:smile:
    I also saw some Articles some are related to my experience...

Here is the link. Stepparents and the Public Rejection | Step Children

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Rechel, interesting article you posted; it talks about the impact on the wife. I think most of us guys don't give much thought to what other local people think of the wives with a foreign partner. My wife is often subject to stairs and sometimes comments in Visayan when walking with me. I wonder what the local ladies think about my wife. Are they jealous or are they turned off by what they see or are they just curious how we met? Neither my wife or I really care or are bothered by this, we know it goes with the territory.

9. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I know of three foreigners who are having their first ever child with their Filipina wife.