Dumaguete Info Search

overnite parking at the Sibulan ferry terminal?

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by kelpguy, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    The Cokaliong - Shipping Lines i could find, think we will try this one next visit to Cebu City. We used to fly always but since they stopped the early morning flight that's a bit useless.

What is the fact craft you guys are talking about, not the Oceanjet via Tagbillaran? Or is there a direct one? I remember seeing some posters close to Hayahai but cant remember the name.

Mostly we just take the taxi back to Lilo-An, if the guy drives LPG and you are a good bargainer he will bring you for 2000php and lunch/dinner (i throw i free). 2500 php and they all will bring you. I prefer this way so i don't have to wait for the boat or plane to leave. The ceres i breaking my back, the chairs are to small...

2. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    There is another way to do this trip. By the Hyper Mart is a 8 passenger van rental that will drive you round trip for 5,000. First ferry boat from Sibulan is 6am that will get you to Cebu around 10:30 or 11:00. The last Ferry back to Sibulan is 9:pm

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That is interesting. Not too expensive if a couple have no car and want to do a Cebu shop. Wonder what kind of deal you could get if you want to have the van shuttle around Cebu, spend the night, and drive you back the next day. Have you tried that?

4. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    No I have not tried it yet. But I did check into it for a shopping trip. The Vans are very new looking and clean. I met one of the drivers while I was there and he spoke very good English. According to the guy I talked to there, you have to pay for the drivers accommodations. But the Van rental is basically the same. I remember the local day rental is cheaper.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Really! When?
    So there's no use to stay near the airport overnight then. That sucks.

6. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    430 am is the first ferry across and 1030pm the last returning from cebu...

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    Early flight DGT to CEB i mean...

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 92
    thanks for all the suggestions and more travel options.
    we wound up parking at the airport and taking a multicab to sibulan, then walking in to the pier and catching the 10am ferry (they come and go every hour).

our cebú mission was to turn in some BOI documents the next day and hi-tail it back to duma before the airport closed for the day but... our interview appointment was 40 minutes late and the interviewer didn't like two words on our letter of cohabitation (picky. picky, eh) that the lawyer above the duma BOI wrote for us (p500) so we had to have it redone in cebu (2 hours/p400). the delayed BOI departure got us back to the duma airport after hours and the gate was closed. however, the obliging guard agreed to let us in if we would pay a p150 overnite parking fee which we agreed to. nice guy, eh!!! (no receipt)