Dumaguete Info Search

P200 Charge for use of foreign ATM card

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by dauinrcflyer, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    In 03, while visiting relatives in LA, I jumped through about a zillion hoops to open a US account at Citibank. Had the $ deposited over there and just used the Citibank ATM over here with a pretty good rate even.
    Early 07 and Citibank starts charging a serious foreign transaction fee, and some other monthly fee for some kind of other bullshit.
    I smelled Citibunk going full predatory, so I closed that acct.
    That must have been about the time that the sub-prime forclosures started to roll in heavy back there, Citi was heavy into that so I guessed the extra fees had something to do with it trying to recoup.

On a slightly different topic, does anybody know if the local banks have started to charge a fee for withdrawing pesos from another banks ATM?

2. evrrrdy1

evrrrdy1 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I'm not loaded; but I have a nest egg. I got $5000 loaded in Metrobank in 30 days. My wife has a card there too, so I use internet banking. There was a low peso exchange fee when the check was sold for Pesos. Now I pay zero fee and have a savings account to boot here. That's my way around the fees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.