Dumaguete Info Search

Panglao Hotels

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by wak-wak, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dumaguete may not be as safe as before, and due to the influx of many people from the neighboring islands there has been an increase in crime rate but that doesn't mean that this city has lost its charm. Homegrown Dumaguetenos are generally really gentle people.

Dumaguete may not offer top rate schools or the best education. But it offers a place where a family can settle down and kids to grow up in a close knit community. Family time and family relationships is what you can offer your children here. Roots for their childhood.

2. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    my kids will graduate high school in an american school but will attend the first 2 years of college in Dumaguete - Silliman, St.Paul's or Foundation - their choice - and then finish either there or the US depending on their grades
    ... but I wouldnt mind them going to high school there - my feeling is that on average it is academically weaker but socially better
    I have volunteered to teach a couple lessons for the diamond classes (Physics, Chem and Biology) in a rural cebu high school and am a teacher at an american school in Korea - so I know enough to compare the 2 - the biggest weakness with schools in the Philippines is that classes are cancelled when the teacher doesn't show and that subjects are taught mainly from the book (which are in short supply and often have to be shared)- students are often on their own to sink or swim - but on the other hand the students by and large want to be there and see the importance of graduating - especially in the diamond classes - 10% of american students are there against there will and they are a distraction - in the philippines they would just stay home

3. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Just cleaned up this thread, things went too far here, and we have our first ban on the site.

Sorry to the guys that lost posts that actually had good information in them, I tried to clean up without damaging too much, but any thread that had any reference to the crap posted by the banned user was also deleted.

4. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    This has now gotten out of hand. This used to be a friendly board... but now there's hatred and name calling! Why can't we just be friendly to each other by posting nice things. OK guys? Now shake hands. Thanks.:smile:

Swany

5. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's still a great site, lot of good information passed around. It was just one guy that got way out of hand. Now that he's banned, it should get back to normal. It was kinda neat watching everyone support each other against him. But enough, Time to move on.

Never been to Bohol, is it nice?

6. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I know it's only one guy, that got way out of hand... No I haven't been to Bohol either. But I've heard so many good things about the city.

7. Virtual-me

Virtual-me DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bohol Tropics Resort

I stayed at Bohol Tropics Resort last year, that was a great resort. The only problem was the location, but with taxis readily available in Tagbilaran it was not really a problem.

We talked to a taxi driver that took us back to the hotel from a little shopping trip in the mall one day, and he said he would take us all around the Bohol Island the next day for only 2500 Pesos. So we jumped on this oppertunity and went around and saw everything worth seeing :smile:

The tarsiers are just so cool and an absolute MUST see.

8. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love Bohol, I stayed in two places.. Bohol Beach Club and Panglao Island Nature Resort. BBC was a really great place, totally entertaining. PINR however was totally relaxing. If you're going for the secluded type of vacation this is the place.

Finally it was cleaned up. It was just too much. Good, it's all friendly people back on the board! :smile:

9. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    We go to Bohol often ourselves. And have probably stayed at the BBC more often than anywhere else. Those beachside rooms are wonderful...and cheaper than the poolside ones...great place...happy and friendly staff. The resort is a bit out of the way of the main Panglao tourist area...which suits us...

And yes...nice to see this forum return to normal. Probably the friendliest and most helpful forum I've seen.

10. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What you said was true garbonzo, choosing a resort depends on what you're after. If you want to be in the tourist area or you want something out of the way and very relaxing :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.