Dumaguete Info Search

Panglao Hotels

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by wak-wak, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Your right cheskaraul...another good thing about BBC is that tennis court...great way to stress the cardiac system....not many resorts have one. Good for sweating a couple gallons...and replacing them at the bar...

2. vette77

vette77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bohol hotel

My wife and son stayed at the El portal Inn, it was a new place and they were met at the dock by the Inn manager and taken back to the hotel.
    They even helped them make reservations for tours around the chocolate hills and the island
    My family was treated extremily well and I would recomend the El Portal Inn to any one planing a visit there. I will be going there in a few weeks and we are planning on staying there
    here is the info for them, Index

3. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    El Portal Inn is in Panglao? :confused: It looks like Bohol.

4. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Reading through this stuff again. I have a PI trip coming up and need to figure out my vacation spots.

Do you recall what type of room was beachside? Looks like it might be the standard room based on this from the site:

Untitled Document

5. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Yes wak-wak, those standard rooms are in the 'old section' on the beach. Comfortable enough and you don't spend a lot of time in them anyway....too much to do there. Not particularly cheap but a great resort. If you call you'll likely get a better rate. A couple times we just rolled up and got good deals in the off season...no one is paying the same rate there anyway....most have booked overseas thru agents etc...some on packages including board etc..

Have a nice vacation wherever you stay.

6. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, maybe I should ask agents for a better price. Maybe locals pay less. Sometimes internet prices are inflated. I will be in PI in May which is probably not low season due to school being out.

Something I look for in a vacation spot is being able to take a private boat out to snorkel or see another site. In addition, I like the location to have a market where we can buy food for the outing....more specifically prawns. My gf loves prawns. The smile on her face is worth the effort hunting for prawns.

7. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    panglao for this year have increased their prices by 50 percent
    price paid last year at lost horizon resort: 1500
    price now :2300
    i won't be heading back there

8. shennette425

shennette425 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i went to panglao last nov 3rd... i stayed in lost horizon... i think its cheaper than the other resorts..

9. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There was a place I stayed at just at the top of the road that goes down to alona beach. I wish i could remember the name of it. If you go up the hill of the beach road and turn right, it is about a block away on your left hand side. Really cheap but basic which is all I need. If anyone knows the name, I'd appreciate hearing it again as I plan to go back there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.