Dumaguete Info Search

penny-pinching or spendthrift

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Teacher, Jan 14, 2009.

1. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    agro scotch bully picking on a filipina...clarse...and then criticising her english... fer fucks sake man get someone to translate your rantings into a language we can understand

2. harry123

harry123 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    stueey,

are you still looking for a honda xr 200? I cannot contact you directly, i dont know how.

3. stueeey

stueeey DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi harry im still interested would you like to meet up?

4. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank you, Rhoody! I think that's one of the best replies I've read on this Forum so far. We are fully aware that it's a "different lifestyle" in the PI; we certainly don't plan on haphazardly throwing our money around, but it has been surprising to read the posts that complain about an extra few pesos charged by a taxi driver (who is only trying to support his family). People need to decide what is important to them and then budget accordingly.

We both love to find a "bargain" as much as the next guy, but we also respect those that are working hard for a living -- the drivers, shop owners, hotel and restaurant staff, etc. -- and couldn't imagine causing a "big deal" over a few pesos. Maybe think of it as a lesson learned for the next time around?

Granted we are newbies here, but it is a bit surprising to read how "bitter" some people are about local prices. If you're that unhappy living in the PI, perhaps it's not the right place for you?

... just a few random thoughts.... :smile:

5. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    I agree we have some customers that we give the schnitzel for free and charge them for the ketchup......You know who you are LOL:rolleyes:

6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    That's probably the hangover from the night before. Give it some time and it will pass. Do it again later that night, repeat the process.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    haha ... how I wish a hangover would be the reason... it's getting 5 weeks on sat morning 4:30 am since the last alcoholic beverage. now I see that annoying bahavior much clearer... guess it's time to start old habits again...

8. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Oh yeah? No wonder I haven't seen you in a while. That must have something to do with project UGLY. Text me when you are ready to pick up old habits again. :wink:

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I think coming friday is the international "old habit" day

10. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Wait, it depends on the what habits we are talking about. If you are going to be picking your nose and scratching your balls all night then I will pass. :p