Dumaguete Info Search

Permanent Residence

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Kojak, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Solution to your problem.... talk to the right people and get it done.

Attorney Michael Gurfinkel: U.S. immigration services

Good Luck!

Benjamin

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    95%+ of tourist visa applications to the US are denied. However, from experience the rate of approval for wives of US citizens who can prove residence in the Philippines is much greater, probably near 50%.

The clerk probably didn't have a clue. Most of the people who respond to letters are Filipino, and do not know or care enough to bother to actually look into the specifics of individual inquiries. MOST petitions must be filed in the US, so to them this is the pat answer to all questions. However, if the US citizen can prove residence here it can be filed here, which cuts the timeframe to about one third to one half of the time of filing stateside.

As far as I know, we are the only processors who process DCFs. All others that I have had any direct or indirect contact with will make the petitioner file stateside. Most are still pushing the K3, which is almost obsolete and useless in this day and age. Both methods may have more to do with the amount of fees they can collect, rather than the best interest of the customer.

Larry