Dumaguete Info Search

Pets

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Stilo, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Justin Case

Justin Case DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Because I went out and bought a registered Rottwieler, and next time, we'll see who eats who. Uhh-Huh. :(

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I have many aquaintences who do have large pedigreed dogs here. However you can not in any circumstance let them run free. They must be kept in the compound you live, or house and exercised. The problem here for the large breeds, especially ones with thick coats, is the extreme heat. Rotties are popular here, I have seen a few goldens etc. There are many small breeds here, kept in the yard and or house. Just be smart about it and practicle, no reason you can't have a pet if you know the limitations.

3. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Saw a dog getting clubbed to death with a long piece of bamboo while riding the beach road back from Sibulan Church a few years ago...

4. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    train it well

Justin case, just make sure you train your registered rott well, because their ain't no tough registered Rott on a sharp bolo. :D

5. ediza02

ediza02 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ohh dear! what a pity!!! I can't take that! I have 1 Lab, 1 rot, 1 dalmatian, but the neighbors in dgte are fine with them... nobody gets into our perimeter but no problems with the neighbors so far! And we are planning to get 1 more rot this year. I got no problem with the rot, he is going with us in dgte downtown, at the back of the Jeep, he loves roaming around coz he got used to it when he was still a pup... we did socialize him like that, so now we got no problem bringing him to public places. Only that, have to be responsible all the time.