A picture is worth a thousand words. One of my favorites. I don't know where this is but I do know I wouldn't want to be inside during an earthquake. :D
Wow, awesome houses, but scary too! Must have terrific view of the freeway or ocean ...hhhmmmm, but you don't know where this is. To me these are like American homes. I doubt it if this is Philippines. I wouldn't dare to live in those houses even if they're well built, still something could happen; you'll never know. Anyway, thanks Timn8ter for sharing.
Wow, awesome houses, but scary too! Must have terrific view of the freeway or ocean ...hhhmmmm, but you don't know where this is. To me these are like American homes. I doubt it if this is Philippines. I wouldn't dare to live in those houses even if they're well built, still something could happen; you'll never know. Anyway, thanks Timn8ter for sharing.
scary house I don't think those houses are in America. The only hilly country I can think of with homes that might look like those are in California and that state does not have palm trees on mountains. Florida is too flat with no hills of that type although it has a lot of natural growing palm trees. The scaffolding also does not look like what I am used to seeing on a construction site in the states. I can't make out the material but it looks like a bamboo structure. I don't think you could get a permit in California to build that house because of the earthquake danger. But who knows? Strange things happen in Calif. Land of fruits and nuts. Chi Town
I found the picture on another Filipino website but the poster did not include the location. The earthquake in Peru is a sad reminder of what can happen when buildings are not designed for that eventuality.