Dumaguete Info Search

Philippine lesson of the day.....

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by ronv8917, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    lesson #4. Yes, you can have a little food to take with you. No, you can not drink here and then take unopened bottles of Tanduay with you. You can get drunk later on your own money.

God, you can't help but totally love the Philippines.
    There is a new story every minute..........

2. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    250 kilos of pig - gone
    50 kilos of rice - gone
    50-100 kilos of misc. food - gone
    4 cases of Red Horse - gone
    1 case of Tanduay - gone
    6 bottles of fruit flavored Vodka - gone
    about 20 liters of Coke - gone
    2 packs of cigarettes - gone
    AND NOW, all people are also gone.

Lesson #5. When the food and alcohol runs out, the people stop coming.
    (I'll have to remember that for next year).

Now for a nice peaceful evening......

The Philippines, best place on the earth to live.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    good job, for the next fiesta, just put all that money in a trip to Dumaguete to visit us in Dumaguete and we all can help PatO with pitching water ....

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    If PatO has to wait untill next fiesta, his arms will be 10 cm longer.

5. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Pat is a good friend, but I'm trying not to think about him. I STILL have a mental picture of him taking a big/little bucket shower. Not a good image......LOL

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    So this is where the humour is!

:smile::smile::smile: Ron, as usual, a good day on line, could not do much as I have the welders here and the rain has been on and off all day. Pat has I think a Plan "B" Watch This Space.

@ Pat I will reply your PM in a while:wink:

NOW Ron! an a serious note, I have had an e.mail direct from the British Embassy in Manila. We have had a NO GO Notice to Southern Mindanao, and a severe caution to all other parts re; fears of terrorist activities and heightened abduction threats. Apparently a swiss national was Abducted some time ago. Is there anything else you can add. Are you safe enough there?

We normally get this sort of news through our Wardens but on this occasion, they have written direct, so I have paid a little more attention. (Sorry local Guys but I am sure you understand) Has anyone else had an e.mail or should I post it?

Jack P. :(

7. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Well, nothing has changed here as far as I know and I also would have/should have got a notice if there was any new danger here.
    We (Mae and I) ride in all areas of the western part of Mindanao from Devine Mercy (San Antonio) to well past Salay to the north. We also ride into the mountains to Clevaria to the east towards Davao.
    We do not travel into the area of where the Mandindanao killings took place because of the known terrorist activity there. Nor do we try to cross the mountains to go to Davao. We usually turn around at Claveria.
    That basically gives us about 1/3 of the island that we feel safe in.
    On that same note, we are well known in the area that we travel because of our red Rouser and the fact that I have a Japanese saying in large lettering on the windscreen. It makes it easy to see us coming.
    All we get in that area are smiles and waves from everyone, stares from the kids because of the motor and stares from young girls because I'm a foreigner.
    I'm not saying there is no problem here, just not where we live or ride.
    Here again, like we all have said many times here, just don't be stupid.

8. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And, not to make fun of such a serious subject, but, yes, we do have terrorist here. They are called sikad drivers.
    (couldn't resist)

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    One liners are the best.

:wink:Thank You for the reply Ron, good to know that things are not as bad as the Embassy make us believe. We were out for Dinner to-night and we have over the last 2/3 nights seen more than usual presence of "Tourist Police"
    Well that is what is written on the back of their shirts, makes you Wonder, are they to Protect the Tourist or Supervise the Tourist. If any one out there knows, can you tell us. have a Good Night all.:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

10. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    If this Tourist Police do the same job as in Thailand than we only can welcome this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.