Dumaguete Info Search

Philippines - the most diverse marine region on earth?

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by ZambeziKid, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Zamvezi Kid Demands From Rhoody To Remove Gass !!!

Tell you what Melvin, I just come to know that KIddo DEMANDS from Rhoody the remove the post of GASS as he feels it as an insult.. Mind you. Did I ask Rhoody the same when the Zambezi Wizzard tried to pull my chair from underneath my a... ..

GREAT PERSONALITY !! BIT TO GREAT FOR MY TASTE .. Why complain about the PHILS and stay .. I would have MOVED OUT ALREADY !! BACK TO .. whatever..
    THE TRUTH HURT , THis tiem for ZAMBEZI ..

Fish in the sea you know how I feel . feeling GOOD .....

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Zamvezi Kid Demands From Rhoody To Remove Gass !!!

Tell you what Melvin, I just come to know that KIddo DEMANDS from Rhoody the remove the post of GASS as he feels it as an insult.. Mind you. Did I ask Rhoody the same when the Zambezi Wizzard tried to pull my chair from underneath my a... ..

GREAT PERSONALITY !! BIT TO GREAT FOR MY TASTE .. Why complain about the PHILS and stay .. I would have MOVED OUT ALREADY !! BACK TO .. whatever..
    THE TRUTH HURT , THis tiem for ZAMBEZI ..

Fish in the sea you know how I feel . feeling GOOD .....
    IF this NEWBIE gets it done. I AM OUT OF HERE !!!!! Sure Philipine diver loves that...but time is on my side..

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    who will win this match ?

Well well well ....I'm watching to a very interesting (???? is it ?? :eek: ) game between certain people who can't stop attacking each other.
    What is however so "funny" is that they often forget to play the ball and get stuck in their own frustrations/ego's.
    Sorry....I felt obliged to say this for a last time because the match is getting boring to me since the ball is not moving much but only the players do.
    I fear it will not stop, looking to the history of some threads.
    Suggestion: Let's all get together for some beer (wine or other tranquilizers) and find out who can drink the most. The winner will be published on the forum. Referee Rhoody (but don't drink also Rhoody :D !) will do the objective counting. Maybe after all those drinks the storm of frustrations is sheltered.
    You got me ??

4. Philippinediver

Philippinediver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Too Many Jello Shots?

Sorry to dissapoint but the game between Earl and I is over. Stop trying to read between the lines. There aren't any. We agree to disagree and no one wins in the end between two extremely hard headed and competitive people. Good thing yours is jello so the pain for you is not so bad. So if the match is getting so boring LEAVE or make a constructivre post and not the same bullshit.

5. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0

Just my opinion....your asking him to leave, and I don't think that's your prerogative. Frankly, I don't see his attitude. The Kid's posts are very informative, especially for us non divers. I really appreciate the information, with supporting links, and the effort to put it together.

6. Melvin Tinklehopper

Melvin Tinklehopper Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The bad thing about diving in Indonesia is that ya have to go to Indonesia.

And that place sucks bung. Apa kabal can take a hike and take his stinkin' funny clove ciggs with him.

7. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Not Allways

Corwy we do NOT ALLWAYS disagree , di ba.. I mean yout alk about divespots and for what I know yep they are quite OK. I could psot some nice ones myself but they are way out of normal reach. Like the mentioned places before . STill check out soem nice spots in the Phils . SAnyway ands again I subscribe your there . Lets limited the divespots so they can remain the way the where ment to be. virgin.. thinks in Indonesia are getiign WAY OUT OF CONTROL .. Money makes the world go around.. and at the same time. makes it come to a full stop at certain places. The Philippines were the bad boys lets say untill some 10 years ago . But look what efforts ( and thats a LOT!) they are making to inprove here . 25 years ago I could buy STUFFED TASIERS for some few dollars in cartimar Manila.. Now they make more money in showing thema alive...and the awareness has become growing bigger and bigger...
    It is simply impossible to have only peace and nice chit chat or sh*t chat ? on a forum like this..
    Having a beer all together does not colve the matter and it will even grow worst... Beside that I DON,T DRINK !!! TUBIG LANG !!!

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    6 am in the morning and I need to wake up with some moderation work to do.
    I agree in many points with Zambesi, but also with Gass. ZK,PD and Earl are falling in the same "hard-headed" line.
    The information and links are quite valuable. As some of them end on Diveshops yo can't expect neutral opinions. Also copying parts of other sites is not what I call own opinion.
    Indonesia is great diving no doubt. I did plenty of diving there before I got hooked to the philippines. To mention Tulambem is quite funny. If you want to see underwater destruction caused by divers you have to go there (I was ther last time Aug 2006). Uncountable Japanese standing on the corals for group pictures, kicking everything what can not disappear fast enough with the fins.
    Lembeh-Strait is one of the best muck-diving in the world, no doubt about that. you find the same stuff at the DUCOMI pier. Mimic-octopus, wonderpus, flamboyant CF, leaffish, seahorses, orangutan-crabs, porcelain crabs and all that in 200 squaremeters. You see Mandarinfish here while snorkeling at the Atlantis-housreef.
    SUB AQUA PICTURES, Unterwasser-Bildergalerie
    This is a link to Fredy Brauchlis galery, Most pictures are taken on the Sites around Dauin, all creatures ZK mentioned from Lembeh strait are here, and that is a fact, sorry.

If you like big stuff, like PD, than this region here is just wrong for him. That is also fact. If somebody books a holiday here and ecpects the BIIIGGG things he did not inform himself before he spent his Dollar/Euro.

I agree with ZK when we talk about protection and there has to be done something soon, but that is here the same than in Indonesia. The waters around the 7000 Islands has enough fish to feed 80 Million pinoys. It is the international demand and the money behind. Most of the people here have a simple life and eat any kind of fish. Nobody needs sharkfins here to make his titi working... BTW, the fishermen on Apo get paid if they catch a Threshershark and let him go again.
    I include in my briefings for my groups to get one piece of rubish on each dive. When we have divers with bad control, we don't bring them into the reefs. They can jump on the sand. Many local DM's (not only in the philippines) are famous for their phantastic critter-eyes, but they are also good in closing them when it comes to diver-behavior under water.
    I was diving with my GF few years around the Gili's where she was attacked by a school of BATFISH.. Yeah it sounds funny, but it is not when you are on 10 meters of water and an unexpierienced diver is panicking. The reason for that was that the fish were always fed by guides and Korean/Japanese divers with Bananas (a very common thing in the natural food-chain of fish ...). We were there in low-season and her BCD had some yellow stripes on the shoulders, so all the fish just surrounded her and picking on her. there was no way of getting rid of them, so I had to quit the dive and bring her safe to the surface. Conservation starts with education, not only of the local community, we have to sweep in front of our own doors first....

YouTube - Moray Eel Attacks Scuba Diver

Sorry I know there are many off topic-points. Gotta go now, need to get wet...

Rhoody

9. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Only In The Philippines

And that is even a lie.. There are some found very remote at Japan , Taiwan and even Austalia. but never as plentifull as at Apari .. AND NON IN INDONESIA !!
    These ANGELFISHES belong to the genus Genicantus the Swallow Angels and dwell deep up to some 100 meters have been reported. You will NOT find then unless you go for over 100 feet that is.. Intersting tought: they are all born as females but later some develop to be productive males..
    Commoin names somethign like striped Swallow Angels Blue swallow angel Blue striped Swallow Angel., maked swallow angel ,Orange masked Swallow Angel and so on very very confusing. I will however REFRAIN of puttin up the scientifc names.
    QUESTION : HOWMANY of you guys here ever have seen one like thses ? and yet.. Only in the Philippnes ( well allmost ...)
    Most pictures by Joh E Randall , mine ones STINCK....:o :o

Attached Files:

10. Melvin Tinklehopper

Melvin Tinklehopper Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just love seeing animals being harassed bite back!
    Notice all the shiny chrome and silver jewelry this joker has hanging all over him, he must look like a tacklebox lure to any hungry fish with teeth. The fool would of been better off drinking beer and getting a massage on the beach.

Chomp!

Hahahahahaha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.