Dumaguete Info Search

Pictures from inside of Robinsons Place

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by Rev. Robinson, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfpuppy

wolfpuppy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great pix, Rev!! Where have you and your wonderful pictures been? Very good to see you back and posting your pix.

Guru, you're right - The Gustavian will give many sticker shock, but the food is well worth it. We go to the Gustavian at the new Robinson's in Tacloban City, Leyte. Maybe they have a deal with them with all their new malls around the RP?

Good for all of you in Dumaguete - this should be a welcome addition - and maybe drive some prices down and improve service at Lee Plaza?

Mike Waters Baybay, Leyte

2. KAYLEIGH

KAYLEIGH DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm very happy seeing all the pics that makes me think to come home. Thank you for sharing the pics Rev. It's been along time never see you posting here. I miss your photo collections. I am one of your fans :smile:
    And also to echir, thanks for the photo you posted. Good job guys.

3. Judy

Judy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for sharing the pictures Rev. Robinson. I cant believed how dumaguete is growing fo fast within 6 yrs. I am so excited to be there next year.

4. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    All the pictures I posted are courtesy of Nicko of SSC.

5. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm glad to have one more place to shop for groceries but I'm sad to have one less object of jokes.

Maybe I'm missing the significance of the mall, but it's just a mall. In the U.S. an opening of a mall is a non-event and does nothing to the local economy other than create more competition for the local mom and pop shops.

The mall may bring more money to the economy by drawing more shoppers from the surrounding areas, but Lee Plaza and other business probably already did this and I'm not sure Dumaguete has much competition for regional shoppers.

Probably the best impact a place like this can have is the availability of more jobs, but a mall isn't a jobs machine which can sustain a city or a region like other industries can.

I don't see this creating much change other than giving me one more place to shop and perhaps shorter lines at Lee Plaza.

Edited to add: It's interesting that new malls are being opened in the Philippines when they are pretty much dead in the U.S.

http://www.deadmalls.com/

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Interesting points Dude. Malls also create jobs along the food/supplier chain that people don't see or think about. The suppliers that provide the goods that go in a mall see an increase in sales and thus need more people to manufacture and ship those products.

The people who work in the mall also have $$ to spend and pump into the local economy.

I'm sure the mall, besides increasing traffic, has increased the job market by 1000+ people, not including the people needed to clean and maintain(?) the mall!

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I hate malls, they look like inside of prisons, not that I've been inside a prison :eek:

There again I prefer small shops/stores.

8. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    hehehe......no I won't add anything Jim.....hehehe:D

9. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Rev Robinson....I noticed one photo you sneaked in "Robinson's Appliances"
    Any relation?.....only jesting, great to see you back in action...JB

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    You won't find any "big" shop in this mall and sales-prisoners-lady look really cute in their uniforms... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.