Dumaguete Info Search

Pinoy Martial Arts Session - Arnis-Eskrima System

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by dgterunner, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    stick fight seems a filipino martial arts

and it made me wonder how handy it is since likely the first thing ,a filipino that wants to hurt you, picks up is a bolo. Seen that it recently on television they showed filipino 'martial arts' another was knife fighting.

Isn't there a filipino martial arts based on bolo's? Or is that sort of; whoever scores the first hit has certainly won?

considering that the best surving stragegy is to run like hell at one point evolution should produce great filipino sprinting champions

2. aying

aying DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    not "seems", IT is a fact, Arie.. that stick fighting or Arnis IS a Filipino Martial Art...

And so with the "yo-yo" being used as a weapon. It was supposedly invented in China..but the early Filipinos used it for hunting.....

And yes, Ike Xavier Villaflores does teach Muay Thai and Arnis... and he is very good at it....

3. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Even Bruce Lee and Steven Segal have used Arnis techniques in their movies, but I guess you have to be a martial arts fan to know that. Great to hear that the tradition is being taught in Duma. It is one of Pinoy "arts" I hope my children are able to pick up on and enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.