Dumaguete Info Search

Pizza in dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by romano, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flobenz

flobenz DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just took a screen shot from Google maps. :smile:

2. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Best pizza in Bohol but cannot remember the street close to hotel by the beach. Best bet make it at home and would love to go Italy for authentic mouth watering pizza and pasta. Shakey's is a close second if you like the thin crust. Ciao!

3. Provider23

Provider23 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    go to hayahay pizza gourmet @ flores AVE, pedi cab driver will bring you there tks.....

4. OP
    OP
    romano

romano DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    romano

Well, it 's a long story, you ask me why I live in the Philippines if I am not a fan of filipino food.Well I am italian and i am found of italian food but I would NEVER live in Italy, for several reasons: cost of living, unreliable authorities, unpredictable political climate and so on.I lived in Thailand which has probably the best food in South East Asia, but where people are boring,shallow, supermaterialistic and predictable ( not to speak of the girls...).Yes, filipino food is next to horrible for my standards(greasy,overcooked,burned meat, unhealthy, actually a bad copy of american junk food, they even succeded in making Macdo much worse with Jollibee!) but here I feel home, maybe because of my latino culture.My choice for now is to live 6 months in Thailand with my filipina girlfriend and 6 months in Dumaguete.What I cant get there i can get here, and vice versa.
    Just an experiment, like all life is...

Ciao,Romano

5. hawaiidiver2

hawaiidiver2 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...so the Philippines has reliable authorities and predictable political climate....hmmmmm? I guess one never knows when the "Red Shirts" will close down Suvarnabhumi or when the "boys in brown" decide to give you a ticket for not wearing a helmet on your motorbike.....but on the other hand, there is something about a Buddhist country that has a peaceful side to it....

I had the same thought, have a Filipina GF(she can speak English) and live in Thailand.

6. OP
    OP
    romano

romano DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    romano

Ciao,

I fully agree with you, both countries have a quite unpredictable political climate.In fact I have to admit that I do not know which of both countries could be the best place to live, at least for me.For now I can't just make up my mind, this is why I am sharing my time between Thailand ( with filipina GF...) and the Philippines.I could say I like Thailand, but i love the Philippines, i feel comfortable in Thailand but I feel at home in the Philippines, even it's a bit an uncomfortable home...Maybe the best choice for me is not to chose .and enjoy what both countries have to offer. instead of complaining about what each of them is lacking of. There is no perfect expat destination, but may be Philippines and Thailand together are a good shot in the right direction.
    Enjoying the journeys is what matter, any way...

Ciao and may be see you somewhere in the vity for a cold one,Romano

7. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Ciao Romano, well, why not trying to cook at home rather then chasing the perfect pizzeria? You got fresh fish, seafood, pasta...then cook a nice spaghetti marinara. You got fresh squid and octopus, then cook a nice risotto nero di seppie or spaghetti aglio, olio and peperoncino with a bit of octopus in it or a nice dish of calamari.
    Nothing can beat a nice FRESH grilled tuna with a squeeze of calamansi.
    Pizza, I can live without when I've got some beef steak or chicken adobo with rice. Get to enjoy the best that the country has to offer and you'll soon forget pizza and saltimbocca alla romana.
    Just steer away from balot if they offer you one.....:D
    Ciao.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Is as it is?

Romano! Do as we say in the Western World. "When in Rome" say no more "!:wink:

Jack P.

9. pkrbrad

pkrbrad DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Next to Jutsz Cafe is a Japanese Restaurant. Best in town... But that might be because it is the only one. Not bad though... worth trying

10. hawaiidiver2

hawaiidiver2 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Romano...........I think splitting your time is a great way to do it...what part of Thailand have you chosen? I love ChiangMai.....but I need to be near the sea so I'd probably set up house further south...I've yet to visit Hua Hin but that might be a nice place relatively close to BKK...............aloha and enjoy your holiday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.