Dumaguete Info Search

Pizza Savings

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by SurfinUSA, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Not really an expert when it comes to pizza, but the best I have had anywhere, inside or outside of the Philippines, is the home-made pizza with everything, available weekends only, at the Tongo Sail Inn, Tambobo Bay.

Roger

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Roger, if you bring one back next time, I will supply the smb's and vino and reheat the pizza

3. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I heard from somebody recently, indeed, they're scouting a land for their mall way back...but never heard after that, they're also hoping they didn't back out. They believe that theres a problem between the size of the land, they couldn't find a better one and the cities population. I also wish they didn't back out. huhuhuhu.pls pls come to my city.... Another thing, Starbucks -Philippines are exclusively franchise by the Rustans...how i wish they will open one here. Pizza Hut pls pls pls open one here!!! I miss you!!!

4. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    pizza

i absolut agree

but dont forget nevas great pizza

guenther
    H ave
    A llways
    S alsa

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    While I believe Pizza Hut is like shakey a total insult to taste buds...

...just wanna mention that there was a Pizza Hut in Dumaguete for almost one year, perfectly located in the city center in Mart 1.

It is like many things in Dumaguete, many people whine around that they want this and that, but when it opens they start complaining that it cost money and at the end nobody goes there.

Thai and Indian Restaurants with pretty decent food closed soon after opening are like Pizza Hut perfect examples for the typical dumaguetenio and "local Expat" behavior...

Anyway Nevas, best Pizza in Town :smile:

6. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I haven't tried it, but I definitely will! Nigel's wife is a top-notch chef. She certainly makes the best Fish and Chips I have ever consumed!

7. SLK

SLK DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! The next time I am so hard up that I need to save $1.77 I'll head to Shakey's armed with this knowledge!

8. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I went to Nevas pizza place to try out one of these pizzas I'd heard so much about, I love pizza and I was hungry.

I made the mistake of looking over the counter at the area where the boys were assembling the pizzas. It was absolutely filthy. Terrible. I'm no clean freak, but the sanitary condition I saw that day was unacceptable.

I've had food poisoning here twice, after the last time, I decided to be a little more vigilant about what I put in my gut. And Neva's was a definite no-go.

If I hear a report or two that they've cleaned up their act, I'd be quite willing to go check em' out again. But until they do a turnaround, I won't risk it.

9. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fish and Chips......now you have my full attention i miss this so very much, but i know you wouldn't get cod like in the UK , but if it tastes good i will go and try some.........Fish and Chips is about all i miss from the UK !!

Alan

10. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Well Alan, I am not British and no Fish and Chip connoisseur but, they are the best I have had and I have never heard anyone complain. Many people drive the 40kms from Dmgte just to enjoy a Fish and Chips dinner at Tongo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.