Dumaguete Info Search

places to stay

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by xhippie, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    If you don't have your own vehicle there getting a tryke will take time. The place is just along the road and quite far from everything.

2. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Villa Tara

Rick and I went there a couple of nights ago (following Rhoody's recommendation in the earlier posts). It was very nice; Jimmy and Abeth were wonderful, the pool is beautiful, and the rooms are terrific for the prices they ask.

Highly recommended!

BTW: Located on the left-hand side of the road, just past "Apple Jeans" store on the corner; you will see the pool from the road.

3. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Do You think the pool and hotel is kid Friendly for My 6 and 4 year old Daughters or is it more Adult oriented? Because I'd like to take the family there for a couple of nights when I come back there next time. All I'll need is a few cold beers and some good food and company. Judging from the reviews this looks like a good choice....

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    you will have some single traveler who brought or found a friend, but no difference to any Hotel/Resort in this area.

I would not leave any 4 year old alone at any pool without direct supervision anyway. the Pool at Villa Tara is shallow at one side (might still be too deep for a 4 year old) and goes slowly deeper without barrier or anything in between.

I heard the breakfast is decent (did not try it) but there is no regular menu for dinner.

5. project

project DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everybody. I´m going to stay in Dumaguete for a while, I´ve been reading the reviews and checking websides and I really like Villa Tara but I won´t have car and am not planning in renting one.

Is not Villa Tara a bit far from everything there??? How do you get to the centre??
    I will probably go out now and then so how would I get back at night???

Thank you very much this forum has help me a lot to decide to spend some time in Duma in my frist trip to the Phils.

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hello project, welcome to the forum.
    You should get a trike in and out of Villa Tara.
    maybe the owners can assist you.

Jim

7. kerbie

kerbie DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello when you contact Jimmy our his wife they wil pich you up on theairport ou pier.They are very kind people.Mayby you can rent his motorbike.our you can rent a motorbike in the town for 300 pesos a day.

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    far is relative, even down to the mainstreet with 50 trikes per minute is just a 10 minute walk.

during daytime it is no problem going downtown and catch a trike there. after 8 pm you might need to wait a few minutes...

going back from any "nightspot" in dumaguete is not a problem, there are always trikes around at this "hot-spots" ... at all 2.5 of them... hehe

9. project

project DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Renting a motorbike for just 300 pesos a day is a great Idea to explore around I don´t mind to walk 10/15 minutes to get to twon and if I know I can take a trike back when I go out that´s all good. For what I´ve seen it´s worthy to be a bit away but in Villa Tara, it looks nice and people talk very good about it. Hope I´m not wrong.

Thanks guys for all this information. This webside is sooooo helpfull, you wont believe this but I didn´t even know that Dumaguete existed and now I can´t wait to be there :smile:

10. guitarjohnjohn

guitarjohnjohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    anyone have experience with their massages?? i have sent them e-mails and have as of yet not been replied to. what are their rates for an hours worth of massage pleasure.thanks JL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.