Dumaguete Info Search

Planning our vacation to Phils in mid June

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by lightcycler, Jan 17, 2013.

1. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Flights from Kansas tend to be expensive.
    If you can buy a cheap ticket to Denver, a ticket DENVER-MANILA-DENVER is much cheaper and good schedule with ANA (Japan)

2. OP
    OP
    lightcycler

lightcycler DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ya.......we are on the far west side so we will drive to Colorado springs or Denver. The better rates have been showing up in Colorado Springs over Denver surprisingly. We have a commuter flight to Denver from here but too expensive so will just drive. The best rate I have seen has been around $1300. That became 1800 the very next day. I'll just look daily until I find it again at a decent rate. Prices have gone up for sure since the last time I looked. Could find them for around 1000 before but those seem to be gone these days.

3. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    USD 802 Base Fare + USD 472 Taxes & Fees = USD 1,274
    DEN -Jun 14 12:35 PM MNL - Jun 15 8:55 PM
    MNL -Jun 26 9:30 AM DEN - Jun 26 4:18 PM

Flight with ANA
    Booking:http://www.exploretrip.com

4. navytexan

navytexan DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The only thing that I could add here is have backup plan . I was looking to go to Apo Island during my stay and could not go due to boats not being allowed due to heavy sea's at the time . Twin Lakes made for a great backup plan for me and my family .

5. kiwiobob

kiwiobob DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A personal opinion is that you made the correct choice to go to Twin Lakes anyway, Apo is greatly overrated IMHO :smile:

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Try checking at different times of the day and night if possible. I've found some really good deals very late at night that have been posted for sale the next day. The problem is that these fares may only be limited to a few seats. I've bought more than one screaming hot deal at 2 o'clock in the morning!

What airfare search website do you use?

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    The last I heard, the road to Twin Lakes was mostly impassable and it is a waste of time, but I may be wrong. Others will chime in, I'm sure.

8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Twin lakes is no worries and gives peace and quiet away from the bull sh*t of the city life this is the place to chill out, just try camping there for a night and listen to the quiet. The road is no problem.

9. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hmmm ... flying around the half globe to go camping at a lake, yeah, thats what I would do on a 3 day stop in Dumaguete...

was twice there and with all respect, there is nothing other than a horriblre ride up and a half way decent restaurant half way up the lakes. at the lakes, cold water with trees around.

If the OP stays here long time, a last alternative to go, other than that a total time waster.

10. kiwiobob

kiwiobob DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are correct about the road, unless it has been re-surfaced recently, it is totally shocking, particularly for motorcycles, a 4 x 4 should be ok.