Dumaguete Info Search

KEY Thread Porterage fee in Dumaguete port

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by jimneda, Mar 5, 2016.

1. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I think the subject topic fairly well exhausted the issues before splintering, I don't think anything new was said on the subject of the parking attendants. Jacks gardener got 3ms of his 15 minutes of fame. We all seem to have gotten some entertainment value from the thread I like the conversational style of the forum. I think it is a good thread, has a searchable title and covers the issues before going off the rails. I doubt anyone will be searching the thread though and adding to it, mostly because people don't use the search function or even scan down a page to see if the exact same thread was started 2 months ago. They will start a new thread. Not so?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    SOUNDS LIKE THE FIRST TIME I FEW FROM PORTLAND OREGON TO HERE!! THEY ASKED ME FOR ANOTHER $150.00 PER PIECE OF LUGGAGE!! I DID NOT HAVE THAT EXTRA CASH ON ME! SO I CALLED MY BROTHER TO COME GET MY BAGS THAT I COULD NOT CARRY!! HE STILL HAS MY LUGGAGE AND CLOTHS ALSO!! SURE IS FUN LIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    I took the Ocean Jet to Siquijor Sunday and saw first hand what the OP was talking about. EVERY passenger that had any kind of bag was charged 70 pesos per bag. After entering the terminal and going thru the non functioning X-ray machine I was directed to the Ocean Jet check in desk (Ocean Jet is the only ferry that has such a desk inside the terminal). At the desk a man was seated as though he was the one working there, next to him was a long counter where bags were to be checked in for loading by the porters. All the porters seemed to be in a hurry and were scurrying about, not what I've seen anywhere at any time. NONE of the passengers was given a receipt for the portage fee.
    The guy behind the counter, that everyone assumed was the clerk there moved out and another guy came in to issue the actual seat assignments.
    I'm pretty sure the original guy was not even an employee of Ocean Jet
    I emailed the customer service about this issue......as yet no response.

After paying more for ferry service to Siquijor which is supposedly faster the ferry was 25 minutes late leaving port.

I suggest everyone take another ferry, there are several to choose from.....especially if you have luggage.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  4. Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    Talking of guards who don't give a sh-t, Why Not is an good example. Anyone can park there. I've have gone there many times for food/drinks and had to park a couple of streets away, only to be sitting at the front and see people coming from Max's, Yellow cab, Honeycomb. etc., get into their car in the Why Not space and driver off. The guard should guide cars in and confirm the passengers and going into Why Not before they disappear, but since they are bone idle and only turn up when you back out for their tip, we have to suffer.

If it weren't for the fact that they reserve a space for the owner, he might give a sh-t too.

On the general subject of these parking attendants. I have a backup camera, so I don't need them, though I usually give them something anyway. Having said that, it really annoys me when you have already backed up most of the way and the guy comes running to make sure he still gets his tip, even though he didn't help. Funny how they aren't to be seen when you park but materialise out of nowhere when you back up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1