Dumaguete Info Search

Preschool Reviews

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by megamindy, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princetonc

princetonc DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My child goes to to Southdale in Daro. We like the progressive teaching approach and it being a small community.

but i must agree to derivative_guru, that they lack facility which is my primary and only complain.

2. OP
    OP
    megamindy

megamindy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello All!

Thank you for the replies again.. specially to you derivative_guru. Thanks for the very comprehensive reply.

To Princetonc, thanks also. I will consider southdale in my future visit. Can you kindly give me the contact info of southdale?

To everybody, I am still appreciative of any replies.

Thanks again.

3. Green19

Green19 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Megamindy,

Last year, my daughter then aged three, attended Siliman pre school/kinder. She was happy there, the program was only 2 hours a day and provided sufficient stimulation and interaction to allow steady progression. The area that makes up Siliman is very pleasant, well worth the look around to get a feel for it. Thats the upside.

The downside is that the administration of the school and courses will drive you nuts. There was no calender for either a school year or semester. The result being that no teacher could advise when school was in or out making planning for vacations, flights etc. impossible. Holidays would be announced with a days notice, meaning any plans you had made would now have to be changed. Administration is not their strong point so be prepared for frustrations on your part. And as everywhere in the Philippines....it must be time for a holiday... tomorrow!

4. OP
    OP
    megamindy

megamindy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    THanks Green! APpreciate it. Speaking of holidays, do they have holiday breaks after an examination or after every quarter? Like over here, for preschool there is a break after spring, winter and autumn. Don't know if its like that over there.

5. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    derivative_guru, hahahah yes, I know the Glass Box Well at ABC, had the same experience, however, I managed to wiggle my way inside and talk to them and ended up being quite happy with what they were offering. I only had schools in Pampanga to compare against and I found ABC a pleasant surprise.

We ended up putting our daughter there and to date, I am very happy.

1. The publish the whole school year in advance, holidays, activities
    2. They insist on remedial tutoring if a child falls behind, this is a bonus for us @ss we could not get it done in pampanga
    3. They pretty much have a full days school
    4. They apply discipline in the classrooms
    5. They are not overly religious
    6. They are relatively inexpensive, we were paying over P80K for a lower level of tuition at an international school in pampanga.
    7. My daughters grades have improved on every examination
    8. The teach pretty much all in English, except for two subjects which are in Tagalog.

The only downside for us is that they have a lot of students, it is not aircon (I do not see this as a downside, but some may) and picking up the kids gets a bit busy as little parking, but it always seems to work out.

My daughter is in grade 6, so I can only speak for the school in general as have had no toddler experience with them

We have no concerns over security or safety

Hope this helps

6. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    While we are on the Subject, we want our daughter to go to Silliman Highschool next year, how early do we need to apply for that, I guess there are entrance exams??

Has anyone had any experience??

Cheers

7. OP
    OP
    megamindy

megamindy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks PangitPilot for the information. I hope I can wiggle myself through the glassbox as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.