Dumaguete Info Search

Prospects for children in Philippines

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by silabay, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Now that is a Noble thing. Thanks Dude. I have been telling my wife the same things. When we move we will have lots of young children close to us and we wish to help as we can with their education. We also want to be sure that our girls get a good education. I really believe the simple phrase: The only time its ok to look down on you brother or sister is when you are reaching out a hand to lift them up.

nameste

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :cool:OUCH! is this really how Expats are viewed by you! SUGAR DADDIES!:(

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, the fact is that this is not the truth, sadly the PI falls monthly further behind each other country in SEA and that as the only english speaking country in the SEA... what a shame

You ain't change anything in a country where people just running around being so proud of themselves ...

and as much as I like many things in the PI, that bad system probably drives me out of Duma or even the PI when my little one finishes elementary

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Yup, good ol Lee Plaza!

Larry

5. dumaguetenia

dumaguetenia DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    father's love

Rhoody,
    English is not our National Language. Tagalog and tents of other dialects are Filipinos spoken language. Other
    Asian countries (japanese, korean, chinese...) send their children in our school to learn english. If they can afford they will go to the US or other world class english country. But, theychoose philippines ,because its affordable for them. We Filipinos are lucky that we were able to write, read and communicate, not perfect, but understood.

If you can make yourself turn around from the coldest SM in then that the atmost sacrifice you can do for the sake of the sure best future of your children. You are not in retirement yet, so you have plenty of time to spent in Germany and be back in Philippines for the warm weather and cold beer.
    Sure you need a good long vacation :wink: but be back !

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    sorry, but you are wrong again, English is the official national language of the philippines already since 1987...

Most schools here in Duma are english only schools and for that the english skills of young adults of this University town simply a shame.

and as I am much too lazy I just copy paste, ...
    ... and we are talking here about a teenager coming to the PI to continue education, NOT about some talented and enthusiastic local students, which may go abroad one day, mastering additional courses, taking some additional years of studying to become more or less successful.

I believe it is our absolute duty to tell the truth about educational and medical facilities and many more topics in Dumaguete, all good and bad ones !

Some visitors of this website consider to invest hundreds of thousand Dollar/Euro/Pound in this area.

Should we have the "Pinoy-Pink-Bubble" mentality here and tell them all is beautiful ??? Just to let them find out that people die in local hospitals cause of a missing liter of blood or that the graduation certificate has next to covering a whole in the wall not much use ?

sorry, that ain't happen, at least not as long I am still one of the mods of DI.

7. dumaguetenia

dumaguetenia DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.