Dumaguete Info Search

Purchasing a Lot Here

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by PatO, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claire29

claire29 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    sir, my strongest advise is to have it written in the title.

claire

2. claire29

claire29 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Very Sorry

To sir expatron , sir appy ammer and to all the members and visitors of the dumaguete form.

I would like to apologize to have given advises in my last post to some of the members of the dumaguete forum. I feel that it was not right to have done this since I have not seen , read and examine the actually papers. I am very sorry if this has given you any disturbance and confusion in any degree. Please for all the readers don't consider what I side in my last post as a fact. Every situation can have different approach and can have different results. I am very sorry again if this has mislead some people.

Sincerely,

Claire

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hi Claire,

I would like to thank you for all your advice. Since all this is general knowledge and no official papers in hand, I'm sure all your input will help people with things to consider and make wise decisions when purchasing land or a dream house in the future.
    Over the years my wife and I have bought and sold a few lots and always used a trusted agent to chase the paperwork and never had a problem.
    Ron

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    APOLOGY! No Need!

:wink: Claire, No need for any apologies, The posts were a Good input. I am sure we are all a little more knowledgeable and will keep an eye on the things you have brought to our attention. Thank You for the Time spent on these posts.:smile:

Jack P.

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Title for Lot Timeframe

Add'l info. It took 5 months from the time of purchase to receive the Title for our lot. It would have taken longer but we went into RoD office weekly and gracefully pushed to get it through. We will celebrate tonight! :smile:

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    5 months is indeed quick for the Philippines. I expect our title and land survey a year after doing all the paperwork.

7. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I was able to cut the cycle time down for a couple of reasons. I had an influencial attorney that also held a public office and once I understood the processes required we dedicated ourselves to get the many little up front requirements done quickly. Then once the paperwork was in RoD friends of friends helped and we offered incentives... I think I only want to do this once in my lifetime, extremely onerous and we were doing this while at the same time going through the marriage license process. From what I understand, the U.S. visa process for her will easily take home the gold medal compared to the other two.

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Wow Pat you and me are the same.
    Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.